1/48 Tamiya VNAF Skyraider *Completed*

Brad

Bombs, prop and on it's wheels. With the 40C weather over for the next week, I think I'll get it done as I've got nothing at all on until after the new year!

P1010007_zpshf3kolsy.jpg

P1010006_zpsecuy1suv.jpg

Edited by Brad
  • Like 2

Masking masking and painting. I like doing free hand camo. Maybe the brown is a little light, but I dunno. It's hard to judge from black and white pictures and the colour pictures are not the best, so I could chase my tail all day trying to pick a "correct' shade.

Not finished the camo yet, it just got too warm to continue today.

P1010008_zpsozomw8g1.jpg

P1010009_zpsgs9dhjl5.jpg

• Like 3

Camo complete. Power plant is also on. I'll be able to pick out some details today with the hairy stick oh and I almost forgot about the motto on the engine cowling, I might be able to get away with a quick airbrush with the cooler on, or I'll wake up early tomorrow morning and spray it. With a little luck I'll be able to finish. Still hoping for the use of Monday which would help.

P1010010_zpse60fxqzh.jpg

Edited by Brad
  • Like 4

This is coming along well. How do you plan on adding those prominent exhaust stains?

I'll use chalks in two steps. The first is over the gloss coat, I'll use a slight damp brush or q-tip and streak on some ground up chalk powder. Once dry, I'll hit it with the matt coat and then dry brush on some powder over the top of the streaks. I'll add a little grey or white too at this stage as I've noticed some of these aircraft tended to have a grey streak of exhaust from the top stacks.