A9981FD9-77E9-4AF7-AB3A-83E99B893FF4_zps

Its been a very long time since I posted here in RFI. Here is my 1st Resin Model and its one I molded myself. This is the test shot from a trial mold and trial model for some resin conversion parts for the Pit Road GWH Vulcan B2. Its taken a while and the project still has a long way to go with further changes to make. So far this is 2 to 3 years work and still lots to do.

The mods in the end where so extensive that my Dad suggested why not mold the whole plane and that I thought sounded fun and went ahead. This is a solid Resin Vulcan with a separate solid resin tail piece. Temporally on modded Corgi wheels.

I hope this will be the first of many and my second master model for molding is on the way but I may remold the original from which this was cloned soon.

List of mods include:

1.Totally new wing shape with entirely different control surfaces and many other detail differences.

2. New nose shape and cock pit shape both detail differences and corrections.

3. Narrow intakes but a bit too narrow on this one partly due to the kit being too fat partly difficulty in the small scale.

4. Original tail shape with rudder extention

5. Original Tail cone with the second style extended tip

6. Cheek piece intake added.

7. Removal of all the many detail differences on the belly top fuselage and jet pipes.

8. bomb aimers window corrected and blister re-profiled

9. Wing pitos added

10.Re-scribe of the radome area tail and other details.

Painted with Humbrol Rattle can paints and Revell Aqua paints. Decals from Mark1 decals who make the right size for V bombers.

Hope you like her.

Apologies for the photos these are from mid summer 2014 when this was completed.

F33B32CD-1F23-4345-806C-8660EEE4C6D8_zps

0FB657E4-F205-4E4B-AC32-1C19A0BF8386_zps

4B8CD555-B3CA-4237-A23B-94BDBD10DD70_zps

F7496D88-3C16-4E14-8828-C05C16776BA0_zps

9FD921BC-345A-4D93-9822-18DC4C8B5FEC_zps

SAM_0297_zpszu9hbogf.jpg

SAM_0292_zpslrvceqik.jpg

SAM_0268_zpskoh3fhil.jpg

SAM_0269_zpsuxt9znp2.jpg

SAM_0270_zpskgcnm0eh.jpg

SAM_0277_zpsj8yfbrcv.jpg

SAM_0280_zpso8kueqdt.jpg

SAM_0281_zpsvanyyuxh.jpg

SAM_0282_zpsyrlowg4f.jpg

SAM_0284_zpsddpxbhvg.jpg

SAM_0285_zpsdtmf1bql.jpg

SAM_0287_zpsedmqzxbj.jpg

4_zpsrmcqhtz0.jpg

SAM_0301_zpsu2q3a1os.jpg

SAM_0307_zpsnmnrbg6d.jpg

SAM_0311_zpscngxgmzh.jpg

SAM_0314_zpso5rub6e2.jpg

SAM_0319_zpsbduvso69.jpg

SAM_0323_zpsgafzepez.jpg

SAM_0324_zpsiizedikl.jpg

SAM_0325_zpsm14877az.jpg

The%203%20together_zpspjmjbmxo.jpg

8_zpsmmhoou4r.jpg

SAM_0332_zps24anirru.jpg

SAM_0330_zpsfmyjhs7s.jpg

Lots of photos but wanted you to be able to compare them to the B2s one of which featuring my Resin Tail and tail cone.

Cheers Rob :)

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 38

Alright, who's gonna shout 'Scramble'? Lovely set of Vulcans.

Haha thats whats missing, Thanks glad you like them

Great set up of Vulcans, will you bringing them to Telford

Yep thats likely depending on what the Bomber Command Table theme is this year. However they were all at Telford last year and Milton Keynes this year.

A very very nice (and very white!), tin triangle. cracking job!

Selwyn

Thanks mate yes Very white here. Since shes had a light weathering ad panel lines drew on in pencil. This initial casting was done with a strange resin which bubbled not my usual brand and had ALOT of filler so shes a bit soft on detail but still I love her.

Great job, really nice work

Thanks Russ :)

Amazing! And I guess very satisfying? :goodjob:

Oh yes very satisfying but also as a first attempt plenty of anxious moments like emerging the master model in RTV and worrying its gonna melt or go wrong. But actually just a wonderful experience to create my favourite plane that there has not been a kit for since Frog. Very happy indeed to have a little B1. Child hood dream realized :)

Thanks

Very nice models and build.

Cheers glad you like them :)

• Like 1

Hello,Robvulcan - Congratulations and very well done from one Vulcan Disciple to another! Your love of the subject shines through with every build of the Vulcan.I admire that.Great effort and great results looking just like the real thing!All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg3_zpsg6ncts9j.jpg

• Like 1

Top drawer stuff. And a very bee friendly garden to boot. One thing I must ask; how did you get that amount of detail into something not much bigger than your thumb nail?

Many thanks mate. The Garden is my Parents and they are always working on it. Its a nice place to be and photo Models. As for Detail on this casting a lot was lost due to me using another brand of resin for this one, But as for the differences they are subtle at first until you put the two together and then it shows. I guess the details are in balance across the Airframe and keep the B1 and B2 in proportion. XH533 is a half way between the two. The project go on however I am not done with this yet. :)

Hello,Robvulcan - Congratulations and very well done from one Vulcan Disciple to another! Your love of the subject shines through with every build of the Vulcan.I admire that.Great effort and great results looking just like the real thing!All the very best,Paul.

image.jpg3_zpsg6ncts9j.jpg

Cheers that is great feedback to get and a lovely photo of the beautiful Machine sadly never seen a B1 but I have always had a massive affection for the looks of them ever since childhood. I sure do love them and there is more to come as I am currently taking what I have learned here and now making more changes to try and get a better B1 still and all the derived types. B1a Prototype etc.

Build still going on here : http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234980168-gwh-early-vulcan-conversion-b1-b1a-b2-blue-steel-and-698-pit-road/page-8

• Like 1

Good luck with those projects. I always liked the look of the B1, it just looked , well, faster.

Cheers, Yes indeed it certainly appears to have been better suited to low level looking at the footage of Farnborough the looping rolling fast agile Vulcans appear to have been XA890, XA902, XA903, and the B2s XH533 XH536 which seem to fly more ominously compared to B1s I think its just the wings looking totally different the B1 being sleek and sporty and the B2 looking like a stretched Bat wing. The closer you look at it they where totally different Aircraft in the way Avro Manchester Lancaster and Lincoln are similar but Different beasts. :)

Amazing little Vulcans Rob, I can't imagine how pleased you must be with what you've achieved. Do you find you keep going back to them for another look, with a sense of satisfaction at a job well done? I did that with a fence I've just built, not quite as pleasing to look at as a Vulcan but it still felt cool to think I did it all on my own 😀

• Like 1

Amazing little Vulcans Rob, I can't imagine how pleased you must be with what you've achieved. Do you find you keep going back to them for another look, with a sense of satisfaction at a job well done? I did that with a fence I've just built, not quite as pleasing to look at as a Vulcan but it still felt cool to think I did it all on my own

Cheers mate yes I do love them and out a lot of my life hours into them. I had never molded or scratched anything before starting this project and this is obviously based on the GWH kit albeit with many many mods to 80% of the whole thing but still I scratched parts and poured this from a cup of liquid. In the moments making it your driven to go on by desire and I found I was working every day on it and when I was not I was thinking about it and still am. However when this was finished last summer I took a break from it as it was actually quite tiring and after a few months while this year has been hectic I found myself looking at it ina. Different light and thinking hell did I do that and that's how I always get with stuff I do If it's songs im writing etc after I think how the hell did I do that as im a clumsy sod and a bit slow in a dream world. But modelling writing music etc to me it's all art and when creative people make stuff they seem to go into an other worldly state and I believe we are unconscious channels tapping into some universal force to a degree. Especially with music as ideas come from no where. It's the same with modelling like trying many times to mask something perfect and then there is that one magic time where you feel like your watching it happen like an observer on your own actions. This for me is like that. I have no memory of Vulcan B1s but have always had a powerful focus on them

And have no idea why but it's always frustrated me no mode exists except for the Frog kit. As its a very significant Airframe in the history of flight.

I hope to make many more and hope that I can make some

For others interested in making them I can't be the only one who loves the original design. Surely :)

Impressive stuff Rob and a great line up as well! :goodjob:

Martin

Thanks Martin that's the trouble the more the merrier and it's fun lining them up. I hope to make a

Dio of the a hangar at waddo just need the plans for the hangars.

Excellent build, Rob ! A very impressive machine and it makes for a great line up of Vulcan bombers there in the images.

Mike

Cheers Mike and nice to hear from you its been a long time since I posted here. The more the Merrier where Vulcans are concerned :)

Absolutely brilliant work Rob, well done!
John​

Thanks John and cheers for your input throughout the build with all the photos you send me. Very helpful taa :)

Great work Rob and your dedication to detail really shows through in those shots. Good job :)

Cheers mate glad you like it :)

Just simply amazing work, Rob! Top workmanship and an awesome finished product. Keep up the good work :)

Cheers Val glad you enjoy them. I will keep up I am just sanding down the wings on the hopefully improved version of this one.

:)

• Like 1