Tornado GR4 1/72 stencils - help needed

stevemk1

Hi

I'm currently building a 1/72 scale Tornado GR4 - using the 617 squadron 70th anniversary markings on the Xtradecal RAF 2014 update sheet http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983226-172-revell-tornado-dambusters-anniversary/page-2

The stencils I have come from the Revell GR1 kit, are these the right ones to use on this GR4 scheme, or will I need to acquire some new ones?

I've tried looking around the net, but can't work out exactly what I might need.

Any advice or help on this would be much appreciated, I hadn't really thought this far ahead when I started.

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

I know that the worded "No Step" is not good for a GR4 as it also has the German equivalent below it. As for the footprint with the red X through it I am not sure as I can only find a picture of the prototype aircraft in the books that I have and these are fitted with the worded "No Step".

Hi

. I would use the 2 tone grey tonka stencils that are in the kit (17 sqn version) ? and the boot with the X replaced the no step.

pretty sure thats all thats needed plus a gr4 FLIR pod from freightdog and the colour scheme is overall MSG.

cheers

Graeme

• Like 1