F-105 "Thud" Republic Thunderchief

DAG058

Nice work! I'm at the light green stage with mine and trying to decide whether to use Blu-tac, tape or freehand the camo scheme. What would you recommend?

• Like 1

Nice work! I'm at the light green stage with mine and trying to decide whether to use Blu-tac, tape or freehand the camo scheme. What would you recommend?

I went free hand with a 0.2mm needle. It's not a sharp finish, however looking at photos of the real thing they are similar. I don't enjoy Blu-tac and masking, I find it more enjoyable to free hand it!

I used Blu tac for my 1/32 one (we are the f-105 trio I suppose) and it worked amazing , I also went freehand for some parts , you should try doing a mix of the two.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments! I really enjoyed this one. A great aircraft and it was a really satisfying build. For an old kit it came together surprisingly well. The AM decals were nice, very thin and comformed well.

• Like 2