1/35 Academy M50A1 Ontos +++FINISHED+++

AndyC

Hi Andy

Wow - looking good!!! Wish I could build that fast - still haven't done any more on mine and it's a fraction of the size of yours.

Sheridan next?

Ben

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Wow - looking good!!! Wish I could build that fast - still haven't done any more on mine and it's a fraction of the size of yours.

Sheridan next?

Ben

Hi Ben - been fortunate that I've had a good run of modelling time the last week or so and it's not that big a kit. This weekend is Farnborough Modelfest, beer festival at home after and then middle lad back to Uni tomorrow, so not much model time THIS weekend

Could well be the Sheridan next, or I might dig a winged thing out the stash...or both!

Hope you don't mind me asking but what was the number of the vallejo olive drab you used?

Looks spot on and I'd like to use the same colour for mine (when I eventually get round to painting!)

• Like 1

Hope you don't mind me asking but what was the number of the vallejo olive drab you used?

Looks spot on and I'd like to use the same colour for mine (when I eventually get round to painting!)

Hi Ben

Primer was #608 out of the big bottles

Filters were...in this order

#013 Yellow Olive

#016 US Dark Green

#043 US Olive Drab

#044 US Grey Green

TBH on such a small model (and even so for yours) I would dispense with the #013 and #014 as the effects of those are almost a pre-shade/highlight. #044 adds a nice 'fade' and highlight to the #043

Hope that helps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last shot - she's done. Thanks for the support along the way chaps - I think there is a slight droop on the starboard upper gun which I may or may not fix!

012_zps6jvyhgyy.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...