If the next (but one) step is a German Aircraft Support Set ...

Graham Boak

I think that they should do a British Flying Boat Support Set next with refuelling and bombing vessels, working trestle framework around the edges and a new Sunderland and Catalina,......but that isn`t going to happen is it?

Tony

• Like 4

I think that they should do a British Flying Boat Support Set next with refuelling and bombing vessels, working trestle framework around the edges and a new Sunderland and Catalina,......but that isn`t going to happen is it?

Tony

Now that's what I call thinking outside of the box. It may not happen just yet but now that it's been floated (sorry !!) - who knows.

Dennis

• Like 1

Re Italaeri Do217s - the rear fuselage narrows too much, and there's nothing in the cockpit. Plus raised lines, for those who care. In all ways superior to the old Airfix - and earning Airfix no money. So a new Do217 is both generally needed and there's an old mould to be replaced. The Ju88 has a similarly old and poor Airfix moulding but the general market isn't short of really good ones. So we modellers may feel less need, but on the other hand the Ju88 is one of those kits which has more overall appeal than the Dornier, and I suspect that the market would reward a new kit.

So it's a bit of a toss-up between those two. However, I must admit I was thinking that an idea based around a big bomber really required something larger than a twin. Maybe obvious logic but not necessarily so.

• Like 1

He111 would be a good set aircraft as would the Ju87 due to the varying types of ordnance carried - SD50, SD100 etc.

The only other one I could think of would be the Fw200 Condor (if such a kit exists).

Have to say the Revell Condor blew me away, it cost about the same as I'd typically pay for a decent new-tool 1/72 AFV.....To say you find rather more in the box for your money would be the understatement of the millenium! :winkgrin:

I think that they should do a British Flying Boat Support Set next with refuelling and bombing vessels, working trestle framework around the edges(...)

Tony

That's what scratchbuilding's for :D