1/48 Messerschmitt Bf109F-4 Spanish Airforce

#29/2015

Zvezda kit with decals from LF Models, painted with Gunze and Tamiya acrylics, antenna wires with EZ Line.

In 1943 the Spanish Airforce received about a dozen F-4s which were stationed partly in France and Spain. Not much info about these, seems a few were painted in single RLM79. According to the old, non available anymore French book "AVIONS Hors Série No. 5 Les Messerschmitt Espagnols" some were painted in a 3-tone camo similiar to the Spanish He112, to say colors close to the early Luftwaffe ones. You find profiles on the web that show a green-green-grey camo, also LF Models manual shows that scheme but my dad kept to the "Luftwaffe" grey-green-brown color scheme.

DSC_0001_zpszwifrsiy.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsvtpaylrn.jpg

DSC_0003_zpseardlrxy.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsfnnqyavj.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsk6rngcrp.jpg

DSC_0006_zpsbzsyjozk.jpg

DSC_0007_zpso7hywskz.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsv0udyabg.jpg

DSC_0009_zpschnkucuo.jpg

DSC_0010_zps55jhjdup.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsyhr51arb.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsrbhikbnu.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsf2nowwzi.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsp8r0uu0a.jpg

• Like 29

nice build and superb collection!

where does this love for Spanish subjects come from? I notice an unproportional number of these in your seemingly endless line of superb builds!

I assume you know, or probably have these decals, no?

http://www.bueni.es/modelismo/messers-espaoles-bipala-tripala-zacuto-y-buchn-1-48_97c1077500db9272d0663afa163b7fce_13268888

don't seem to be availbale anywhere though...

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

nice build and superb collection!

where does this love for Spanish subjects come from? I notice an unproportional number of these in your seemingly endless line of superb builds!

I assume you know, or probably have these decals, no?

http://www.bueni.es/modelismo/messers-espaoles-bipala-tripala-zacuto-y-buchn-1-48_97c1077500db9272d0663afa163b7fce_13268888

don't seem to be availbale anywhere though...

Wouldn´t call it love, not many Spanish subjects built until today. As it happens, some projects lead to another to another and to another...My dad initially only wanted to do the I-16 and Condor E-1 but I could persuade him to do the F-4 and a Buchon (which will be finished in 1-2 weeks). Then the Spanish subjects are finished. No plans to do more in the near future.

Besides that an Austrian Fouga Magister in the works led to an Israeli one which led to an Israeli P-51 in the same camo....all to come in the next weeks......so you see, several little unintended themes happened there :-)

no, din´t know that decal sheet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...