please say it ain't so..

Mike Esposito

Is it possible that there is NO styrene molded 1/700 scale WW1 British BC kits?

I see Combrig makes a slew of resin ones...Too expensive and hate working with resin.. :(

Combrig are excellent resin kits from experience (I've got a few in the stash), they are well moulded and fit nicely. There's not much plastic British battleships either - just Dreadnought and a couple of Queen Elizabeths. I bet it'll be a while before we see many more WWI ship models in plastic.

thanks

Mike

Hi Mike ES,

Yes, I regret it too, but the Combrig kits are worth looking at. I haven't built any of the WW1 stuff, but I did build HMS Australia (County Class) some years ago - not very well though as it was my first resin kit. I'm not keen on resin kits, but they are worth a go if there is nothing else. I later built HMS Starling from WEM. Buy one of the cheaper one, build it and see what you think.

I'll echo Mike (above) in saying the kits are well cast, and the newer ones fit together well - I wouldn't say that about HMS Australia. However, I would say the resin Combrig uses is very brittle and unforgiving compared to the resin WEM used, and you can easily break some of the finer castings.

Best Wishes,

Will.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...