A Brace of Dominies

Hello,Ascoteer - Congratulations on two lovely looking builds of your Dominies.You've put a lot of effort into those and you can tell.I love the attention to the small details which have added to produce two delightful models.All the best,Paul.

Truly stunning and a fine tribute to a great aircraft. I enjoyed building the Airfix kit as a lad (although my masking technique at the time of using sellotape and hand brushed thick 'n gloopy Humbrol enamels un-thinned won't be seen in the Hints and Tips forum anytime soon :winkgrin:) Glad to see it given a proper makeover. As for all the scratch work, additions and mods, they don't arf add up. Gives the builds a lot of depth and realism, there's loads of little details that draw the attention of the eye. Such as the RBF tags draped across aerials and probes, the wing mods, flaps, cockpit and windscreen etc. etc. I could go on and list everything.

Two well deserved - and certainly well earned through ard graft - excellent builds. The pre DAU remains my favourite, mind, mainly because I prefer the paint scheme, and for the pangs of nostalgia having built one as a boy :)

I'm not going to lower the tone again Debs, so instead will say those are two absolutely lovely aeroplanes, reallly cracking modelling!

Fantastic w.i.p. thread too, thoroughly enjoyed following your builds, bet the Jetstream will be just as good!

Perhaps we should have a BUAS - UWAS build off. Or maybe not, we don't want to lose that too....!! :P:D

Top job!!

Keith

Not a moment of those 4 years wasted! They are both gorgeous, but I think I marginally prefer the post DAU - just because of the colour scheme; the black scheme really suits it. Great attention to detail, beautiful execution: a fully Debinised pair of models, in fact.

Hoorah.

• Like 1

Debinated to perfection

Debination: The art of making in miniature the pesky things that now elude ME

Being of an elderly disposition my vote is Pre DAU

just

but

Being also of an aesthetic disposition the Later Post DAU scheme really suits the shape of the Deelightful Dom

So I votes 'em equally nice

:(

lovely work Debs

(a very tasteful fence is available for any others of the 'not sure' persuasion, c'mon and share it with me) ;)

Have to agree with my learned elders (Bill by way of persisting on this planet and Crisp by way of being the senior service) - perfect examples of Debinisation :)

For me for the aesthetics the black post DAU just edges it. For the build it's the pre DAU with the flaps and spoilers.

Either way you gotta luv em both.

• Like 1

Can I just bung in my two penneth worth, absolutely fantastic builds,thanks for sharing them,for me the red white and grey one just slightly wins first in my book.looking forward to seeing what you do with the jetstream and I can't wait to see you do a herc.

:-).......Neil

Edited by fatalbert