Airfix Whitley in stock at Hannants

Terry McGrady

Got mine this morning - looks like there are sealed over holes for the ASV aerials to make a Mk.VII in a future release. Two main canopies, one with astrodome and one without is a nice touch. Haven't got the parts out of the bag yet, too busy with DIY, maybe tomorrow.

Gill presented me with one as an early wedding anniversary present today, it looks to be a beautiful kit and there seems to be some nice etch on it's way from Eduard as well. Their masking set looks to be a must have.

Martin

Got mine as an early anniversary prezzie yesterday too,.......it is quite complex with separate front and rear fuselage sections and there is a chance that an earlier radial engined variant with the shorter rear fuselage and different fins can be made from the basic kit by utilising additional parts?

I`ll be interested to see how the front and rear sections match up to each other after they are assembled.

Nice decal options,.........they are both very tempting!

Looing forward to the Coastal Command boxing which just has to come next judging by all of those holes and the earlier computer pics showing ASV fitted!!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

General Melchett aka Andy Davies did a build of a test shot in the current Airfix Modelworld and did not report any real fit issues. I agree a radial engine kit would be good as well but would it sell n sufficient quantities?

Martin

• Like 1

I will put it on my Christmas list. The domestic chief of staff - aka the wife - already treated me to a ltd edition dambuster print for our anniversary.

My plan is to have at least one example of all RAF WWII bombers. Just need a Whitley, a Manchester and a decent Hercules powered Halifax.