Eduard 1/72 MiG-15

Hi all, just finished this kit for a group build on another forum and wanted to share it here too as I'm quite pleased with the results.

MiG-15, c/n 108023, 176th IAP, Antung Air Base, Korea, April 1951

Kit - Eduard 1/72 MiG-15 Weekend Edition

Finish - Humbrol Metalcote Polished Aluminium, other details in a combination of Humbrol enamels, Citadel acrylics and Tamiya acrylics.

DSCF9233_zps9zry4wqi.jpg

DSCF9235_zps7hjjhiao.jpg

DSCF9236_zpsuevxmk60.jpg

DSCF9234_zpslmdcszez.jpg

DSCF9237_zpsqbdrbujn.jpg

Built entirely out of the box and a really enjoyable snag-free build, definitely going to build a few more of these sublime little kits

Regards

Tom
  • Like 11

Very nice build of this Russian classic. I have this kit too (ProfiPack) and hope mine turns out as good as yours. How is the kit? Anything special to keep in mind?

Cheers,

Michael

Very nice build of this Russian classic. I have this kit too (ProfiPack) and hope mine turns out as good as yours. How is the kit? Anything special to keep in mind?

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael, The only area that gave some trouble was the clear observation panel under the tail, it was a tiny bit too big and as I'd left it till after I'd painted and decalled the airframe I ended up using PVA to replicate it instead of trying to force it to fit. Entirely my fault for deviating from the instruction sequence. Other than that the build was completely trouble free.

Oh I'd recommend watching out for the cannon barrels as they catch on everything thankfully they are amazingly flexible and havn't snapped off but I do need to handle with extreme caution.

Regards

Tom

• Like 1

Thanks Michael, The only area that gave some trouble was the clear observation panel under the tail, it was a tiny bit too big and as I'd left it till after I'd painted and decalled the airframe I ended up using PVA to replicate it instead of trying to force it to fit. Entirely my fault for deviating from the instruction sequence. Other than that the build was completely trouble free.

Oh I'd recommend watching out for the cannon barrels as they catch on everything thankfully they are amazingly flexible and havn't snapped off but I do need to handle with extreme caution.

Regards

Tom

Thanks Tom - will watch out for that. It really seems to be a nice little kit. Wonder if it was worth the buy the ProfiPack version - you showed that one can build a nice model with the WE edition only too.

Cheers,

Michael