Hi,

This is my (almost) copleted Vickers Valiant. i say almost as not all of the decals are on it. i bought this kit from a particular internet auction site for about £40 inc P&P. i was a little irritated about the cost of the valiant kits as last autumn airfix were selling the valiant for £20 in their last chance to buy collection. this kit was a remarkably quick and easy build, as the only real interior detail is the bomb bay (which i left out) and the cockpit. the cockpit was a little basic, but the fit of parts was excellent. it needed a little filling on the fuselage halves and the bomb bay doors, but apart from that is was a relatively straight forward build. the model was painted with Humbrol Gloss White spray paint. i ended up spending £15 on the paint, as the cans are tiny! in future i think i will try to get better at airbrushing and airbrush instead. the decals had no silvering and were in good register. i had some issues with the paint seeing under the masking tape, in particular on the anti glair paint in front of the canopy. i made a few errors, such as the colour of the exhaust surrounds which will be fixed when i get the chance.

d1D0V0z.jpg

AlESwJp.jpg

E7h0Z15.jpg

YjMTGLP.jpg

moAz60u.jpg

BVisx19.jpg

Will

• Like 17

In the words of the facebook fraternity LIKE! Been meaning to get one of these for ages.

Very clean, and an aircraft that has always sparked my interest.

I have the re pop Revell Victor in the stash, I may have to purchase this to go with it. Victor is on the to do list for next year. The Vulcan is built and in the Bomber Cabinet in the cave.

Good effort I must say, I am halfway through building mine for an ex Valiant armourer and it has been doing my head in. the intakes are taking forever to get the seams out and as for the bomb bay area, that is a headache of its own. Good to see another completed and hope mine comes out at least half as good as yours.

Top Job!

Marc