1/16 Trumpeter PzKpfw IV H

What's the problem? I think you're doing a great job on this.

Thanks Francie, I am extremely happy with the result so far and have no inclination to change direction either but according to an Italian expert the weathering is ridiculous, overdone etc. He is also sure that I can do better if I try :winkgrin: Really cheered me up. Appreciate the support though and a hell of a lot of other builders are supportive too so it can't all be wrong :analintruder:

Very nice these munitions, later I like to see pictures of each type in detail, cheers mate :goodjob:

Bless you Francis, thanks mate :winkgrin:

• Like 1

That is some of the most impressive interior detailing work that I have seen. Some of it looks like looking at the real thing! Very well done Julian.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

That is some of the most impressive interior detailing work that I have seen. Some of it looks like looking at the real thing! Very well done Julian.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix, much appreciated :winkgrin:

The insides are really looking great Gremlin :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely a tight squeeze in there soon.

Simon.

Not an inch of space left over in here. Won't see much of the work inside when it's buttoned up either. I am skipping the spare Mg barrels too. No way they can be seen.

Nice progress this weekend.

:winkgrin::yahoo:

You may only score 9/10 for accuracy but you score 12/10 for fun, keep up the grand job your doing there matey

:goodjob:

Kev

9/10 for accuracy? Whoa, that's too accurate Kev, I could add a tartan whoopee cushion to the radio operator/gunners seat, (and yes I know, in real life in a parallel universe it was black artificial leather stuffed with horse hair), but I think I'll leave that because you will only see the seat cushion if you stuff your nose down the crew hatch :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

Thanks mate, needed the reality check. Never realized so many old crew members of PzKpfw IV's were still alive and kicking, (well, not kicking but Face booking). :coolio:

Everything is fitting together very well, incredible machine ..., cheers Julian :goodjob:

Thank you Francis, Trumpeter have done an excellent job on the fit. Very few problems encountered so far. :winkgrin::yahoo:

• Like 1

Looking good! :thumbsup:

Thanks SLJR_1, appreciate the support on this build :winkgrin:

Better than nothing,cheers Julian :thumbsup:

Thanks Francis, seeing now how much will be visible it is even more amusing how some people get their panties all bunched up :analintruder:

Can't imagine building can be much fun if you are that anal retentive :coolio::thumbsup::yahoo:

Update #2 20/5:

I have fitted the rubber shock breakers/ stop blocks because the Zimm needed a little bit of trimming to get them to fit properly.

The fenders/mudguards have been fitted. Certainly adds to the size of the beast. Fit is still as tight as a gnat's posterior, compliments to Trumpie here.

P5200781.jpg

P5200782.jpg

P5200783.jpg

P5200784.jpg

P5200785.jpg

P5200786.jpg

P5200789.jpg

P5200787.jpg

P5200788.jpg

Time for a genuine Dutch beer: Grolsch Kanon :yahoo: :yahoo:

• Like 7

Looking really good :thumbsup:

Could the upper hull be left loose so you can easily view all the work you have done? Seems a shame to hide it all away!

Hi Matt,

thanks for taking a look at the IV. The information you supplied on the shell casings was a great help so thanks there as well. The upper hull joint would seem to be the only logical place to be able to split the build so that the interior details can be seen so I have that in mind. I have though, over the years become rather wary of the "positive advice" you can collect by not sticking to the beaten path.

This is the Airfix 1/24th Typhoon I built a couple of years ago:

DSCN2245.jpg

DSCN2247.jpg

DSCN2278.jpg

The reactions I received on this build nearly had me giving up building.

I'll take the IV step by step and see how it goes. I do appreciate your help and the visit to take a look here though :)

• Like 2

Gremlin56, on 20 May 2016 - 7:08 PM, said:

Believe me Francis, it is big. Big as in "my wife might consider a divorce due to this size of big" :fight: :fight: :fight:

Not the first woman who can feel discomfort by such partner :fuyou_2: , playing it all day, watching their most intimate secrets .... :bouncy: lol, but ... it just model making,cheers Julian :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well, there is parking space and parking space so size can matter :winkgrin::analintruder:

In this case it is the real estate required to place another model :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder: :analintruder:

• Like 2