1/16 Trumpeter PzKpfw IV H

Coming along nicely Gremlin.

The last pic gives more of an idea of it`s size..

Simon.

Thanks Simon, Mrs. Gremlin56 said last week that size does matter. She was referring to the IV-H though in relation to it's required parking space........... :fight::chair:

• Like 2

Good progress there..!

I've had the same experience with the AK True Metal wax - disappointing stuff for base coating but I'm not sure I've given it my best shot just yet and need to experiment a little further. I have tried using it on top of an Alclad basecoat and you get a nice patina. I'll try and post a few pics to help describe what I mean.

Keep it up, always good to see these posts coming through :)

Thanks Marty, haven't given up on the wax yet. I was thinking of trying Vallejo's new liquid metal as a base. I'll get back to you on the results of that experiment. Still waiting for the conduits to arrive, (have received word that they have been dispatched), and half of the Peddinghaus decals have arrived so the bill/investment in the IV-H is slowly getting bigger :yikes:

Nothing wrong with a bit of investment ;) especially if they get used.

I still prefer Alclad so will be sticking with that. I might experiment with the wax to see what effects I can get though - could be interesting. Will look out for a set of those decals too :)

Hi Julian. Hope you are well. Good to see this one is still on the go. Now I have finished both my Spitfires I have a bit more time to look around the rest of BM. The detail on this kit does look rather good (if a little on the large side - just a tad though!) and you seem to be doing your usual rather lovely work with it. Very nice.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Julian. Hope you are well. Good to see this one is still on the go. Now I have finished both my Spitfires I have a bit more time to look around the rest of BM. The detail on this kit does look rather good (if a little on the large side - just a tad though!) and you seem to be doing your usual rather lovely work with it. Very nice.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

you are too kind as usual :winkgrin: Not much progress yet with me finishing the Ju-88 over at the wing-thing forum and trying to find a photo of the air filter of the IV in position.

The conduits arrived yesterday and are really beautiful items to pimp the build, I'll pop up some photos this weekend.

Are you going to be proceeding with your Panther now? You seem to have battled through constructing the tracks :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi Julian. I've just been catching up with your Ju-88 build which seems to be going rather splendidly!

It'll be a couple/few more weeks before I get back to the Panther - I've got an Australian Centurion on the go in the Vietnam GB. It too has been mostly on hold while I finished the two Spitfires in the BoB GB.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos over the weekend! And I hope you have a good'un!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Julian. I've just been catching up with your Ju-88 build which seems to be going rather splendidly!

It'll be a couple/few more weeks before I get back to the Panther - I've got an Australian Centurion on the go in the Vietnam GB. It too has been mostly on hold while I finished the two Spitfires in the BoB GB.

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos over the weekend! And I hope you have a good'un!

Kind regards,

Stix

You never cease to amaze me Stix, joining all these group builds, spanning aircraft and "the Dark side" and still finding time to do incredible things with a hairy stick :goodjob:

Have a good weekend too mate,

cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

I think those shells look pretty good.....A full on Alclad finish might look a little bit OTT. :shrug:

Hi Andy,

These two are without a ground coat, just the True metal coloured wax. next couple I will spray with Vallejo's new metal colour to see how that looks.

The matt finish on the first two is Vallejo matt varnish.

Not much happening here at the moment due to the work going on at the Lysander build.

:winkgrin:

While Lysanders are lovely their armour was non-existent and the gun laughable, they really did make very poor tanks.....This is definitely a much more worthy subject. :pipe::nerd:;)

PS - Some of those conduits look an awful lot like bass guitar strings to me. :hmmm:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2/12 update:

The Westland Lysander is finished over at the wingy thing forum and "Parcel-Farce" are being rather uncommunicative about where exactly my Merit 1/35th Soviet G-5 MTB has gone, (disappeared?), this becomes an excellent moment to do a bit of work on the IV-H. I have added some engine supports to the block, I can't imagine it lay in the engine compartment like a stranded whale. The air filter is a make believe affair thought up by Trumpie according to David Parker. I can't find any references to replace it with anything though so I will leave this OOB. I can see where I can add an oil tank and dipstick tube.

DSCN3574.jpg

DSCN3575.jpg

DSCN3576.jpg

DSCN3577.jpg

DSCN3578.jpg

Quite enjoyable so far. It's not up to David's standards but I didn't expect it to be.

:winkgrin:

• Like 4

While Lysanders are lovely their armour was non-existent and the gun laughable, they really did make very poor tanks.....This is definitely a much more worthy subject. :pipe::nerd:;)

PS - Some of those conduits look an awful lot like bass guitar strings to me. :hmmm:

Missed this one Andy, my apologies. The Lissie was a rather naff tank.

The conduits would need to be a lot thicker, (are we thinking a Rickenbacker Bass here?) :yikes:

Hi Julian. Good to see more progress with this project. That engine looks good so far. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Good morning Stix, thank you. Not up to the standard of some of the builds on David Parker's Facebook page but progress is being made albeit slowly. My G-5 MTB has also arrived to complicate building life too :frantic: :frantic: :frantic::clown:

Nice progress Julian, keep those updates coming :)

Thanks Marty, working on it :winkgrin:

• 3 months later...