1/16 Trumpeter PzKpfw IV H

Seem to have been evicted from the 1/16th page :coolio::shrug::hmmm::unsure::huh::shocked:

............what did you do?........

Misbehaving as usual apparently Stix, don't know what the exact problem though. Not even one "double entendre" or a dicey photo :winkgrin:

You Misbehaving Never Julian :gobsmacked: You must of hit the magic number or something to get promoted :yahoo::yahoo::winkgrin::winkgrin:

The powers that be must want you to get a move on with this build in stead of just talking and showing all the aftermarket stuff :fight::fight:

There waiting for you :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Keith

• Like 1

You Misbehaving Never Julian :gobsmacked: You must of hit the magic number or something to get promoted :yahoo::yahoo::winkgrin::winkgrin:

The powers that be must want you to get a move on with this build in stead of just talking and showing all the aftermarket stuff :fight::fight:

There waiting for you :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Keith

Ahum, well, you have a way with words Keith :winkgrin: This is a subtle hint I take it, the sort of subtle hint that we call a a "subtle hint with a crowbar' here in Holland :bleh:

Got the point though mate, see what I can do :coolio::winkgrin:

• Like 1

Ahum, well, you have a way with words Keith :winkgrin: This is a subtle hint I take it, the sort of subtle hint that we call a a "subtle hint with a crowbar' here in Holland :bleh:

Subtle ME you must be thinking of the wrong man Julian :hanging:

I did say they are waiting for you after all you have accumulated a BIG following with your sublime skills at what ever model you turn your hands to Claudia Shaffer included :winkgrin::winkgrin:

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Julian, I may be wrong but I think the Mods. intend the 1/16 section to be for discussion only and if you are doing a WIP then it just goes in the armour WIP section with all it's smaller siblings. The same happened with Martin's scratch build "big fellas". They were moved from the 1/16 section to the ready for inspection armour section.

..............I may be wrong though................. :mental:

As long as we know where your build is now and can follow with glee, that's the important issue :thumbsup:

Brian

• Like 1

Ahhhh, found it again. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Simon.

I was slightly lost too Simon, apparently I have swallowed the "Alice in Wonderland" drink that shrinks me and allows me to go to another dimension, (music from the twilight zone plays softly in the background). Keith has told me to get some serious work done here so I am going to grant myself a, wait for it, Gasp!!!!!!!! :analintruder: PzKpfw IV-H weekend :yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

Hmmm, seems mine has moved here too. We must both be in trouble ;-) haha I've never been one to conform :fight:

Don't worry Marty, we have been beamed up to a parallel dimension called works in progress by Greg B, :oops::winkgrin:

Hi Julian, I may be wrong but I think the Mods. intend the 1/16 section to be for discussion only and if you are doing a WIP then it just goes in the armour WIP section with all it's smaller siblings. The same happened with Martin's scratch build "big fellas". They were moved from the 1/16 section to the ready for inspection armour section.

..............I may be wrong though................. :mental:

As long as we know where your build is now and can follow with glee, that's the important issue :thumbsup:

Brian

Hi Brian, thanks mate, had me worried if I had broken some secret code or something nasty like coming out of the toilet with roll stuck in the rear of your trousers and unraveling as you walk.

Luckily it is only due to the WIP part of the build that I have moved so I live to play, (and sniff polystyrene cement), another day. Yay me ! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 2

Gents, as they are both works in progress, this is where they belong ;)

There now that clears that up you should have read the instructions for a change Julian :winkgrin::winkgrin:

I was slightly lost too Simon, apparently I have swallowed the "Alice in Wonderland" drink that shrinks me and allows me to go to another dimension, (music from the twilight zone plays softly in the background). Keith has told me to get some serious work done here so I am going to grant myself a, wait for it, Gasp!!!!!!!! :analintruder: PzKpfw IV-H weekend :yahoo: :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Like it when you get started on a new project gives me something to watch at the weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup::coolio:

Keith

• Like 1

24/10 update:

As Keith suggested getting my stern part into gear. Working on the Maybach powerplant. I have ordered some really magnificent conduits and braided lines from this store:

http://www.prime-miniatures.co.uk/

Should help improving the general appearance :

DSCN3466.jpg

DSCN3467.jpg

DSCN3468.jpg

Yes, I have noticed the join lines on the engine block, long way to go yet :winkgrin:

• Like 5

Looking good, and nice to see progress. Thanks for the heads up on the miniature hoses etc. nice find

Thanks Marty,

I saw the link on David Parker's Facebook group, so no credit to me here :winkgrin: The hoses look very good though :thumbsup2:

That`s a big lump of plastic you have there Gremlin.

Looks like fun and games when it comes to painting it.

:goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Hi Simon, paint job is still a long way off yet, shouldn't be a big problem though. Big? Yes, still getting acclimatized here after 1/32nd wingie things :winkgrin:

Nice progress so far, watching with interest :popcorn:

Thanks for looking in Matt, still a long way to go here. Your Tiger II is magnificent, hope I can come close on my build :)

25/10 update:

More work on the engine. I did a test run on two shells to try out the decals and the "true metal brass" polishing wax". I'll be cleaning off the shells and trying a different approach because the result wasn't very pleasing:

DSCN3475.jpg

DSCN3476.jpg

DSCN3477.jpg

DSCN3482.jpg

DSCN3483.jpg

:coolio:

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 7

Good progress there..!

I've had the same experience with the AK True Metal wax - disappointing stuff for base coating but I'm not sure I've given it my best shot just yet and need to experiment a little further. I have tried using it on top of an Alclad basecoat and you get a nice patina. I'll try and post a few pics to help describe what I mean.

Keep it up, always good to see these posts coming through :)

• Like 1