Matchbox/Revell 32nd Lysander

markjames68

Is the old matchbox lysander renowned for being a pig of a kit ?

Ive been modelling for 40 odd years and would class myself as pretty good..... HOWEVER...

The wing spar/ glazing are on this kit has made me feel like im a hamfisted 6 yr old again!,

After messing around for ages, i came to the conclusion that the spar/glazing/framework simply does not fit as supplied, i have eventually acheived an acceptable result but only after major fettling trimming which was i think lessened and helped as i elected to remove the side panes to have them open....

That was a tough evenings work.....

I chopped the wing spar off to the level of the thickness of the canopy on my kit as there is no wing running through the cockpit of the actual aircraft, it only has an A frame type structure.

I don't think the Matchbox Lysander has reputation of being a badly fitting kit, somebody did a build of one of these a short while ago and he made a nice job of it.

Mark , I found the Revell Lysander quite a nice kit to build , like you say the worst part of the kit is the glass sections which just do not fit

Here is mine which I built last year , with a bit of work and a little extra detailing a nice model can result

PTDC0027.jpg

PTDC0029.jpg

PTDC0030.jpg

PTDC0031.jpg

• Like 1

I chopped the wing spar off to the level of the thickness of the canopy on my kit as there is no wing running through the cockpit of the actual aircraft, it only has an A frame type structure.

I don't think the Matchbox Lysander has reputation of being a badly fitting kit, somebody did a build of one of these a short while ago and he made a nice job of it.

Sorry for some reason I thought you were building the 1.72 kit.