This was a scene I put together for two of my Achtung Panzer GB builds. When I was planning what to do for the base I thought it was a good opportunity to see what could be fitted onto the maximum size of base allowed in the proposed Vignette Group Build - 6 inches x 6inches.

The base itself is MDF over which I added some filler to try give the impression of part of a cart type track with some slight raised areas ether side. All the green stuff is left over from some railway modelling projects from many years ago. The figures came with the Dragon Tiger 1 kit. The background sky is part of my Spitfire display base/shelf.

The WIP for the whole project can be found here.

18087345936_9d224a7d39_c.jpg

18113833095_cff9c2c6d8_c.jpg

17491219084_156f44b808_c.jpg

17925917328_082cc9d0eb_c.jpg

18087344646_04fd4bc78e_c.jpg

18114852481_30fcbcb56c_c.jpg

18087344206_9b946c91f1_c.jpg

18110362752_2236a67cfd_c.jpg

18113808235_09a8615d5f_c.jpg

18087320626_c3b674262d_c.jpg

17493240783_1c4b5d78b4_c.jpg

17927596629_748252ed61_c.jpg

17493240763_e6ec665ec5_c.jpg

17926100120_9e1f79390c_c.jpg

Top down view:

18113806085_a04ffc49b7_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 30

Just managed to find a couple of photos of the base before the filler and green stuff were applied:

18010997826_7dd0ded06d_c.jpg

I cut the sections out to allow the tracks to look like they were pressing down into the road surface.

With the two Tigers in place:

17416932333_04b47202c8_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 7

This is very good, what a good way to present the Tiger I and Tiger II together on one great little scene. Certainly a couple of finely finished legends there, and well brought to life togther.

• Like 1

This is very good, what a good way to present the Tiger I and Tiger II together on one great little scene. Certainly a couple of finely finished legends there, and well brought to life together.

Hi Rob. Thank you for your very kind comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• 7 months later...

The whole diorama is great....love having the two tigers together and the weathering is great, love the way you have chiseled/routered out the base for the track marks...will have to look at doing that instead of builing up base levels!

• Like 1

A couple of miles away there's two Sherman crews enjoying the countryside go by,little do they know....Lovely Vignette Stix....

What's the difference between a diorama and a vignette...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

The whole diorama is great....love having the two tigers together and the weathering is great, love the way you have chiseled/routered out the base for the track marks...will have to look at doing that instead of builing up base levels!

Hi jeggles. Thank you very much for your comments. The idea for chiseling out the area for the tracks came about because I wanted to make it look like the tanks were heavy in the mud of the cart track - and, like you said, I felt it was going to be easier than trying to build filler up around the tracks to that depth.

Excellent vehicles and dio;

Cheers

Thank you very much Carius.

A couple of miles away there's two Sherman crews enjoying the countryside go by,little do they know....Lovely Vignette Stix....

What's the difference between a diorama and a vignette...

That sounds about right about the Shermans Vince!.......and thank you for your comments.

My understanding is that a diorama is usually a larger scene where there is quite a lot going on perhaps like something I made before. A vignette, on the other hand, is a perhaps just a smaller scene from a much larger event - like the two Tigers side-by-side with the crews discussing plans while they have a quiet moment.

great work

Thank you Mick.

Now that is nice :goodjob::goodjob:

Beefy

Thank you very much Beefy.

Wunderbar mir freund!

Vielen Dank!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

That sounds about right about the Shermans Vince!.......and thank you for your comments.

My understanding is that a diorama is usually a larger scene where there is quite a lot going on perhaps like something I made before. A vignette, on the other hand, is a perhaps just a smaller scene from a much larger event - like the two Tigers side-by-side with the crews discussing plans while they have a quiet moment.

Thanks very much Stix...

• Like 1

Stupendus! Lovely work.

Thank you very much Eddie. I have to say the whole mini-project was a joy from start to finish. The kits were fun to build and, because the base was relatively straight forward, it all came together pretty quickly but seemed to have the effect I was hoping for.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lovely builds and great setting.

Thank you very much Bodmin.

Lovely as always Stix. :coolio:

Cheers Sarge! :cheers:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi batcode. Apologies for the late reply - hadn't checked here for a while! Thank you very much for your comments.

Kind regards,

Stix