Airfix 1/48 DeHavilland Sea Vixen FAW.2

Attached are photos of my just completed Vixen!

Built with the addition of Eduard seat belts and shortly some Model Master Pitots (When they arrive). Painted with Tamiya and Mr Hobby. Lovely model to build, only a couple of areas that need attention the upper Ailerons, the lower side of the booms where the flaps join and the air intakes. One thing I'm not happy with is the paint around the canopies but I can't do anything about it now, not the best brush painter!

Kept the weathering to a minimum, tried to keep it as true to a duty Vixen as I could!

Thank you to the Gents who kept my motivation going and kept me informed during the WIP!

The WIP can be found here - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234984638-148-airfix-deh-sea-vixen-finished-2208/page-1

IMG_20150823_124132_zpsnyblvzhl.jpg

IMG_20150823_124056_zpssznkh6ku.jpg

IMG_20150823_124413_zps7kyvoywk.jpg

IMG_20150823_124216_zpscrrpfyd2.jpg

IMG_20150823_124119_zpsc4aiixxk.jpg

IMG_20150823_124152_zpscgfnb3fv.jpg

IMG_20150823_124339_zpsqnxiiqnk.jpg

IMG_20150823_124423_zpsyr5nee4m.jpg

And a couple with the competition...!

IMG_20150823_124711_zpszz762hdr.jpg

IMG_20150823_124742_zpsooq9n0by.jpg

• Like 49

Beautiful!

Very nice models. A good job doing the builds, great looking results

Cheers Gents :)

Lovely. Quality work. I am ready to see more. :popcorn:

But unfortunately now I need to buy a Javelin. Because that one looks superb as well. :hmmm:

Cheers,

Harrison

It's a lovely kit, I found it wasier to work with that the Vixen as well par the weak undercarriage. No fault of Airfix, it's beautiful work just a weakness of plastic.

Always like a Sea Vixen. Those stencils can be a bit of a treadmill on that kit. It looks like a veritable graceful swan next to that Javelin

Yeah, I really like the Javelin but sat next to the vixen it's obvious which one is the looker!

Stunning - & I hope my imminent paint job us half as good as yours!

Cheers Crisp, thanks for all your help on this one! I looking forward to seeing your black nose get painted!

Fantastic looking sea vixen, great job on the paint and finish. Mine keeps slipping down the to build pile

Cheers Batcode! I had a previous one that never got finished, glad it's in the 'Win' pile now. It's a relaxing build, go for it!

Wow! Stunning build, that and the Javelin! What's next?

I've got a Shelf of Doom F-8 I think I'm going to try and sort out and finish, maybe go all out on the weathering for once!

• Like 1

Hello,Breaker - Congratulations on two splendid looking builds of your Javelin and Sea Vixen.I love the way they're finished and if they were mine I'd be very proud of them.All the best,Paul.

I've got a Shelf of Doom F-8 I think I'm going to try and sort out and finish, maybe go all out on the weathering for once!

Do you do requests? If so I'd vote for a 1/48 Lightning, a WiP of that would be excellent!

Breaker, that has got to be the best presentation of that kit I've ever seen. Top banana!

• Like 1

Do you do requests? If so I'd vote for a 1/48 Lightning, a WiP of that would be excellent!

I really want to do once, I've got it in the stash. I'm gathering aftermarket for it but I can't decide what scheme to do it in. I want to do a NMF and a grey/green camo, and dark grey over NMF!

I'm trying to finish up my part builts now anyway, stop tempting me :P