NMF and White - which to apply first?

bootneck

I have a build to do which has a mix of NMF and white finishes. Unfortunately there is no cheatline, to demark the separations between the white and NMF finishes, so thought I would ask in what order others do their painting.

Normally, I would use Tamiya's grey primer base for the whole model; however, the NMF will be in Alclad and using their black as a primer. I think the white would still have the grey primer but not certain on this.

My queries are:

- is there an order of priming and painting mixes of media? i.e. alclad primer and NMF first, then standard primer and white followed - or vice-versa?

- what is the best method for masking/demarking the NMF and white? I'm concerned about bleed/overrun of the two mediums

- is there a 'special' way to paint NMF and white mixed liveries on models?

I would be very grateful for any helpful advice on this; I've been building and painting models for over 50 years but NMF is a newbie for me.

Mike

I would personally use white primer, Alclad my self but tamiya do white I believe, then apply the Alcald over the white. The only issue would be if you want to use the high shine paints, which need a gloss black under coat. In that case I'd go primer, gloss black then white then Alclad.

I'm going to do something similar on a P-51 that's high shine NMF and Olive drab so I hope that'll work!