praded-dembelya

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just discovered and ordered this.....Do Mikro Mir have any plans for more 1/48 modern(ish) AFV kits? :pray:

There definitely seems to be a market for it.....On a purely personal basis I'd happily rip your arm off for:

Toyota Hilux (or similar pick-up trucks.....ACE already do the ZU-23-2 to go in the back)

T-54B

T-55 - T-55MV

T-62 - T-62MV

ZSU-23-4 Shilka

BRDM-1

BRDM-2

BMD-1

BMP-1

BMP-2

• Like 1

While I appreciate the 'like' I'd be much more interested to know if Mikro Mir plan any more 1/48 post-WWII armour.....A simple yes or no would do for now. :winkgrin:

You might be surprised how much interest there is in this category, ever since Airfix released their Herrick stuff a lot of people seem to have been waiting hopefully for an 'OpFor'.....I certainly have. :coolio:

PS - I'm assuming (hoping) from your earlier posts you have some connection with the company? :shrug:

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2015 at 8:52 PM, praded-dembelya said:

ready rubber wheels, and with them the entire set ready for sale

DSC08245_500.jpgi.gif

These are a bit of a problem.....They are corrosive to the kit plastic.  Aftermarket wheels are a must.  :(

If anyone has one of these kits in their stash they might want to get it out and seperate the tyres from the sprues.....Mine now have scarring thanks to this superb design decision.  It would probably have been much worse if the plastic parts hadn't been literally dripping with mould release agent!  My opinion of this kit just took a rather sharp downward turn.  :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:47 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

These are a bit of a problem.....They are corrosive to the kit plastic.  Aftermarket wheels are a must.  :(

If anyone has one of these kits in their stash they might want to get it out and seperate the tyres from the sprues.....Mine now have scarring thanks to this superb design decision.  It would probably have been much worse if the plastic parts hadn't been literally dripping with mould release agent!  My opinion of this kit just took a rather sharp downward turn.  :unsure:

Thanks for the heads up on this. Mine are the same. Luckily not too much damage. Armory do replacement wheels but finding someone who carries them is tricky.

• Sad 1

@SleeperService I got a set from this guy on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Armory-Models-1-48-BTR-60-APC-WHEELS-with-WEIGHTED-TIRES-Resin-Set/382053637345?hash=item58f42bdce1:g:hIkAAOSwHptY-8V-

He also has a resin 1/48 KPVT barrel from the same manufacturer (the total for the two is under the £15 limit).

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

On 6/8/2018 at 10:57 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

So are MikroMir even going to acknowedge this problem or just ignore it and hope it goes away?  :shrug:

This kit is not fit for purpose with the current tyres.  :nono:

Give me please a photo of your problem. I'll figure out how to solve it. Sorry for the silence, a lot of work.

• Thanks 1

No worries.....It'll be tricky to photograph because I seperated the parts quickly, so the damage is very minor for me, but anyone who has one in the stash for a longer period without checking it could be in for a nasty shock.

The simplest thing for you to do would be put a piece of the kit sprue in a ziploc bag with the tyres.....You'll see the problem yourself soon enough (I'll do this myself too).

It's not an issue for me now as I've got the Armory parts, but I do wish manufacturers (all of them, not just you) would stop including these 1970s gimmicks in otherwise high quality kits.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

just stumbled upon this thread today... and immediately rushed to see this box.... no damage to the plastic luckily , but the tires are hard as rock... wonder if they have lost their softener already and are good to use? (after making the wheel rims fit of course)?

• Thanks 1