Academy 1/72nd Scale F-4 J "Showtime 100"

Hi All,

This is number 9 so far this year, it's the New 1/72nd scale Academy F-4J "Showtime 100".

Built from the box the only addition being the ejector seat face curtain handles made from wire (a little thick), took a bit longer than I would have expected.

Just a couple of teaser shots as this is to appear in a future issue of SAM.

Comments welcome as always

Thanks for looking

Rick G

O56USv.jpg

sElec9.jpg

• Like 19

It looks neat and you certainly did a thorough job finishing it! :thumbsup2:

Does it replace the Hasegawa kit as long as one already has it in one's stash? Not by a long shot, in my opinion, from what I see.

Does it replace the Hasegawa kit as long as one has to choose between buying one or the other? If both kits sit in front of you on a shelf and the Academy is more than 1/3 cheaper, maybe.

Anyway, it's great to have a choice! :)

• Like 1

Beautiful job! I visited Toronto last week and saw this kit. It was a snap toguether, but I was impressed by the quality, of the best in 1/72.

But it was about 10 dollars more expensive than the Academy 1/48 F-4J!!!!! Around 60 canadians for the 72nd against 50 of the 48th.

Can you explain that??

You've made a great job on this Phantom.

Best regards.

Ignacio

• Like 1

Beautiful job! I visited Toronto last week and saw this kit. It was a snap toguether, but I was impressed by the quality, of the best in 1/72.

But it was about 10 dollars more expensive than the Academy 1/48 F-4J!!!!! Around 60 canadians for the 72nd against 50 of the 48th.

Can you explain that??

You've made a great job on this Phantom.

Best regards.

Ignacio

I noted the price difference as well. Haven't seen the official reason and the immediate thought is perhaps doing the kit as a snap fit involved more effort. Can't remember which kit brand but there's a range of "easy build" warships that is also more expensive than the regular kits.

• Like 1