Type IIB and XXVII Seehund U-boats

Finally got something to post after a long time. A brief interlude before my Tirpitz build resumes shortly.Took advantage of a window of blue sky today for the outside shots but yes it's raining again. Not show stoppers but I quite liked the builds. Just used various grey paints and washes and pastels. Tried a bit of a camo scheme on the Seehund for a bit of variation.

Anyway, here they are, like 'em or loathe 'em I'm not fussed I'm going to play convoys and wolf packs on my bedroom floor

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

• Like 11

Awesome, both Revell kits?

Yeah, Re-pops of ICM kits. The Seehund doesn't come with the glass dome but I had a spare 1/72 astrodome. The IIB hasn't got the torpedo doors detailed so just stuck a couple of bits of plastic rod port and stbd. as a crude representation of hinge work

Darby those are 2 great looking little builds and a very neat paint finish on both I like the camo on the seahund is it done free style with the airbrush or did you mask to get the lighter markings.

Either way cracking builds there mate :goodjob::goodjob:

Beefy

Darby those are 2 great looking little builds and a very neat paint finish on both I like the camo on the seahund is it done free style with the airbrush or did you mask to get the lighter markings.

Either way cracking builds there mate :goodjob::goodjob:

Beefy

Cheers Keith,

The Seehund was freehand. I was hoping for a thin line type camo scheme but I had a paint/airbrush issue half way through so had to strip and clean the airbrush and change the scheme. A tiny bit of debris in the nozzle caused much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Oh Sunderland scraped a point yesterday. Still one less than a cocktail stick though.

Darbs

• Like 1