It's exactly what it says on the Tin, Lightning F.1

Is this the new tooled one that I am eagerly awaiting John? If so how on earth did you manage to get your hands on it?!

Great work, it looks fantastic!

I don't think there's a retool, just a rerelease of the original F1/3 kit coming from Airfix this year?

On top, fantastic Lightning. Not use to seeing them without a big colourful tail.

• Like 2

thanks chaps!

Is this the new tooled one that I am eagerly awaiting John? If so how on earth did you manage to get your hands on it?!

Great work, it looks fantastic!

Sorry it's not, it's one of the old ones from the stash but the new rerelease should be along soon :)

John

• Like 1

Hello,Canberra Kid - Congratulations on a great looking build of your Lightning F1.The scheme looks splendid and the model is a fine tribute to one of the Pioneer Lightnings.All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks All. :)

Hello,Canberra Kid - Congratulations on a great looking build of your Lightning F1.The scheme looks splendid and the model is a fine tribute to one of the Pioneer Lightnings.All the very best,Paul.

Thanks Paul, :)

Great to see the demonstrator markings, I've never seen any decal options for that one.

Duncan B

You're right Duncan as far as I know it's for some strange reason she's never been reproduced on a after market sheet, which is a real shame. Thank goodness for modern technology!

John

Edited by canberra kid
  • Like 1

Looks pretty good to me and the bmf is a nice paint job. I've not seen this demonstration scheme before either. it's interesting to see roundels on the missile fins.

Thanks K-F I'm glad you like her. I can't understand why this scheme hasn't append on any after market sheets, there aren't that many R&D colours for the Lightning. The bmf is Halfords Nissan silver rattle can with a few coats of Klear, The roundels on the fin appear to be the fashion of the time for inert drill rounds.

John

Cracking job John, really nice model, add me to the list of those that haven't seen this scheme modelled before!Keith

Thanks Keith, perhaps now with the F.1 coming out again some one would include her on a sheet.

John

Edited by canberra kid

• 4 weeks later...

Superb model John of a Lightning I have not seen before. The T4 demonstrator would look lovely from the upcoming Sword kit (if it is any good!)

Cheers

David.

Thanks Dave, I'm planning to build the new Sward T.4 as the demonstrator when it comes out, hopefully it will be a good kit, but if it turns out to be a pig I can always repaint my 111 Sqn T.4.anyway that's the plan for now. :)

Very nice ...you can never have too many!!

Thanks, glad you like her.

John