Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's I,ve had to call off the Victor build due to time constraint's as explained in the WIP,I'm not far of with the remaining build's but when I moved

the bench into the loft room I (despite the heater) underestimated how cold it is still when the the temp outside hit's rock bottom so not done much

in the last few week's,anyway I'm getting tempted by every build of the Tempest springing up to add one to the list so I may replace the Victor with

a build of the Sabre engined option as I have a set of marking's for a D-day era machine I'll see how the next couple of week's go.

Fully understand the stalled Victor build there Steve.. you've certainly contributed more than your fair share so don't feel bad about that. 

Now the Tempest has certainly proved a popular build, however OOB the Matchbox kit has options for the post-war Mk. II and Mk. VI versions and not a Mk. V as was operated during WW2.

Your D-Day era decals may not be quite right for this particular kit, so perhaps save them for an Academy Mk. V - even then slight modifications may be required to build a Mk. V series 1.  

Cheers.. Dave  

• Like 2

On 5 januari 2018 at 3:17 PM, Hardtarget said:

May i take part with PK-46 Hawk 200? Hoping to finish my sea plane build then be right no this as its a simple build.

YouAre more than welcome. There is still o month to go before the end of the GB so go for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Enjoyed this GB immensely. Any plans on making this a trilogy build?

I'll look forward to that but how about doing The Airfix GB later this year to keep your 'nostalgia' hand in?

• Like 2

Rabbit Leader has pointed out we have just 21 days left - 3 weeks

I respectfully submit that the GB leaders approach the lord Enzo and ask for a two week [at minimum] extension

The Seaplanes GB got an extension

Two extra weeks can make a big difference to the finish rate

I think many of us got side tracked with home duties for about two weeks over the Christmas & New Year period and thus no modelling was done

Also, this GB has one of the biggest entries seen in a BM GB and it would be nice to see as many models as possible finished and in the Gallery

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Be nice to have that extra time as Black Knight has said Christmas must have taken it's toll for many I'm fortunate as I've only the Bell OH 58

which is within a couple of session's of completion and the Sea Harrier is done apart from the lost outrigger wheels,that said it's been an 

outstanding few months of fun re-visiting these kit's both building and watching everyone else's and it's had a secondary effect for me as prior

to the GB I was getting a little jaded with the more complex nature of what I was building and now I'm determined to add some simple kit's to the

mix for 2018.Thank's everyone for a great GB(Three week's?couldn't possibly squeeze another one in:huh:)

• Like 3

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 16:21, Black Knight said:

Rabbit Leader has pointed out we have just 21 days left - 3 weeks

I respectfully submit that the GB leaders approach the lord Enzo and ask for a two week [at minimum] extension

The Seaplanes GB got an extension

Two extra weeks can make a big difference to the finish rate

I think many of us got side tracked with home duties for about two weeks over the Christmas & New Year period and thus no modelling was done

Also, this GB has one of the biggest entries seen in a BM GB and it would be nice to see as many models as possible finished and in the Gallery

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:50, stevej60 said:

Be nice to have that extra time as Black Knight has said Christmas must have taken it's toll for many I'm fortunate as I've only the Bell OH 58

which is within a couple of session's of completion and the Sea Harrier is done apart from the lost outrigger wheels,that said it's been an 

outstanding few months of fun re-visiting these kit's both building and watching everyone else's and it's had a secondary effect for me as prior

to the GB I was getting a little jaded with the more complex nature of what I was building and now I'm determined to add some simple kit's to the

mix for 2018.Thank's everyone for a great GB(Three week's?couldn't possibly squeeze another one in:huh:)

Are we putting our weight behind asking ArnieC and vppelt68 to approach Enzo Matrix for an extension to this GB as per the suggestions above? The successful extension to the Floatplanes GB seems to have been to help unfinished/nearly finished models get into the gallery - just what we need too! Please 'like' this message to indicate support!

Edited by Ventora3300
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,just going to box up the majority of build's so took a last shot of them ten in total still may get the harrier finished if I can find the miising legs.

25000898077_215d9b970d_b.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

What a lovely collection of classic Matchbox kits Steve. This GB has been an absolute resounding success and it’s mainly due to modellers such as yourself who have contributed their time and energies by the bucket loads.. 

I cannot recall seeing the Swordfish in the gallery, is there any reason for that? 

Cheers and vell played.. Dave.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What a lovely collection of classic Matchbox kits Steve. This GB has been an absolute resounding success and it’s mainly due to modellers such as yourself who have contributed their time and energies by the bucket loads.. 

I cannot recall seeing the Swordfish in the gallery, is there any reason for that? 

Cheers and vell played.. Dave.

Cheer's Dave it's been a blast! I'll check the Swordfish.

Hi guys, there are still two and a halve week to go and there ate already loads of models in the gallery. So keep pushing to finish your models. I am working on mine at the moment as well to finish it before the deadline. It would be nice if we could get of the 123 builds about a 100 in the gallery. So keep up the good work and we will see in the end how many have made it. I will ask Enzo for some extra time, but that is still to early to do.

Cheers,

• Like 4

22 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Hi all,just going to box up the majority of build's so took a last shot of them ten in total still may get the harrier finished if I can find the missing legs.

Enjoyed all your builds immensely, Steve. That must be another differentiator for Matchbox to be supplying a plastic diorama base for their vehicles - I notice how everything is being wrecked!

I was intrigued by you saying you were 'boxing up' your models - are you another who is not allowed to display the results of your skills? (The few models I have done this time round are getting put away in empty shoeboxes, complete with a print of the appropriate Britmodeller thread with build pictures and secreted away in a corner of the loft!). Cheers Mike.

1 hour ago, Ventora3300 said:

Enjoyed all your builds immensely, Steve. That must be another differentiator for Matchbox to be supplying a plastic diorama base for their vehicles - I notice how everything is being wrecked!

I was intrigued by you saying you were 'boxing up' your models - are you another who is not allowed to display the results of your skills? (The few models I have done this time round are getting put away in empty shoeboxes, complete with a print of the appropriate Britmodeller thread with build pictures and secreted away in a corner of the loft!). Cheers Mike.

Hi Mike and thank's for popping in on all these build's,I'm fortunate the now the eldest has fled the nest to have a fair size loft room going

begging so I now model up there and have a few shelves up with mainly 1/48 stuff on them I keep one for 1/72 which I "rotate" kit;s from

a couple of boxes when I have a dusting session,the Matchbox aircraft build's are boxed up the armour I just managed to squeeze on a shelf.

• Like 1

With the finish line in sight, and the deadline racing this way, I jumped in last night with this, started a couple of weeks ago, before I'd even seen the Matchbox GB. It's been a trip down memory lane seeing the other builds, many of which I built as a child in the 1970's.

norseman_01.jpg

Build progress here - 

There are sixty-odd completed builds in the gallery.  However, there are still quite a few which are getting very closer to completion.  There are still three weekends to go.  Goodness knows how many we'll get in the end.

I wonder if the poll can deal with that many entries...

Edit:  to answer my own pondering, a poll can have three questions with up to 25 choices in each.  That works out to 72 valid choices.  Any more than that and I'll have to get very creative...

So there's a challenge!  We have to exceed 72 completed builds in the gallery. :D

• Like 5

Room for a tiddler? 

With so many tempting GBs this year and pretty well a year off from modelling I've dug out a Hawker Fury to get my eye in. Because rigging is so easy! :worry:

On your marks, get set...

Edited by maltadefender
typo
  • Like 1

That's great news Ray.

It's also good to see some fairly 'quiet' builds being worked and written about again.

Looks like there may be a late splurge to get these done before the 11 Feb deadline and we've even seen a few 'new' builds just added only a few days ago? 

So C'mon fellow Matchbox modellers, let's bring this great GB home with a real bang.   

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 15:04, Ventora3300 said:

Are we putting our weight behind asking ArnieC and vppelt68 to approach Enzo Matrix for an extension to this GB as per the suggestions above? The successful extension to the Floatplanes GB seems to have been to help unfinished/nearly finished models get into the gallery - just what we need too! Please 'like' this message to indicate support!

Posted a week ago.

What about it chaps?

• Thanks 2

I spent a few days (and nights) at a civil engineers´ convention :party: this week. Assuming my hands don´t shake anymore tomorrow and I can finish what´s left to paint in the little Emil, there´s a fair chance of finishing that build this weekend. So @Arniec and @Enzo Matrix, you give us a week more and I promise to finish the HMS Ariadne too, to get a tank-airplane-ship trio built in this GB. V-P

• Like 2