Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

One of the other forums is having it's biannual Blitzbau and since I have 3 of the Skyknight kits in the stash I was thinking of Blitzing one of them and covering two different GBs at once.  

But, as usual, I didn't get things started yesterday so will miss the extended deadline here.  Oh well, may still blitz it.

Phil

Hi guys, thank you all for your great effort in this GB. I loved it to see so manny builds and also many kits that were finished. I am very proud to have been the host here. As everything went very smooth here I didn't need to do much. So all the credits to you guys. 

Cheers,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Arniec said:

Hi guys, thank you all for your great effort in this GB. I loved it to see so manny builds and also many kits that were finished. I am very proud to have been the host here. As everything went very smooth here I didn't need to do much. So all the credits to you guys. 

Cheers,

Thanks Arnold - we all had a lot of fun and the amount of kits in the GB Gallery just speaks for itself. 

I hope you had a pleasant birthday and perhaps added a few more Matchbox kits to your stash! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

Does anyone know just how long the individual work threads remain open for?

My WiP in very old GBs are locked for new posts but I can edit my old postings in them

If the WiP threads were to stay open for a while longer I'd post up the finishing my JP5 and maybe others will do the same for their unfinished builds

• Like 1

I'll miss this Group Build.  So many childhood memories stirred by seeing Matchbox kits again.  I'd forgotten how simple some of the kits were and what unusual subjects.  The diorama base included with the armoured kits added so much and the moveable stand with the aircraft kits.  Happy days revisited.

Thank you Matchbox

and 

Thank you all the Contributors.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Does anyone know just how long the individual work threads remain open for?

My WiP in very old GBs are locked for new posts but I can edit my old postings in them

If the WiP threads were to stay open for a while longer I'd post up the finishing my JP5 and maybe others will do the same for their unfinished builds

I'm not sure how long, but you could get the Mods to move it to the main building section so you can carry on ^_^

I think they will stay open for quite some time. Only when they are moved to the archive will they be closed. In the finished Geoup builds you can still change thing and add a comment, so you can also do here. If not, you can always ask the moderrators if they move it to the mian building section. 

Cheers,

On 26 januari 2018 at 6:08 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

There are sixty-odd completed builds in the gallery.  However, there are still quite a few which are getting very closer to completion.  There are still three weekends to go.  Goodness knows how many we'll get in the end.

I wonder if the poll can deal with that many entries...

Edit:  to answer my own pondering, a poll can have three questions with up to 25 choices in each.  That works out to 72 valid choices.  Any more than that and I'll have to get very creative...

So there's a challenge!  We have to exceed 72 completed builds in the gallery. :D

Well Enzo, you have got a challenge  now with 96 entries in the gallery.;)

Cheers,

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

When will the poll be up and running?  

Hi John. I think that the hosts are trying to figure out how we are going to vote at the moment. The unusually high number of gallery entries means that there needs to be some creative thinking for voting options, and could even lead to there being a couple of rounds of voting. I am sure they will come up with a good plan whatever happens. :) 

I suppose a participant can "demand" his/hers entries not be subjected to the poll, I mean, if I voluntarily drop off from it nobody should be by any means angry for it? In a STGB I hosted I just left my four finished builds unwritten in the poll list, and it wasn't even noticed :thumbsup:.

The polls are great and I like to give my votes there too, but I believe many of us build and show it here just for fun, and can't care less for its success/lack of it :yahoo: in the poll. So here's three problems less for @Enzo Matrix and @Arniec if you just, please, skip my builds from the list. I had enough fun even without it! Best regards and thanks guys, V-P

Hi guys, I have seen no activity sins the last post. I don't know if someone is still interested in a poll, but to me it isn't to important I hope everybody had a great time with their build and enjoyed themselfs. I know I did. I will let Enzo know that we aren't going to do a poll. That will make live easier here. 

Cheers, 

• Like 7

Arnold, I’m not too fussed either way. It was my first GB, so a final poll would have made for a little more excitement. Overall I’ve ended up with two more completed kits and better still have gotten closer to quite a few new BM modelling mates. Therefore, I’m happy to pat myself of the back with that effort. 

It certainly was a great effort by everyone and I know I pushed myself a little harder than normal. So thanks for hosting and prolonging some great ‘Matchbox’ modelling memories for many of us. 

Cheers.. Dave

... and for the record - any build that encourages me to actually buy the same kit must be pretty special, so @tonyot‘s Halifax gets my (virtual) vote. 

• Like 5

Out of six(!) kits started, I actually got three finished!

That's a quite astonishing average for me, so I'm more than happy to have taken part in the GB. 

I'm easy on having a poll or not, the taking part and watching all the other builds coming together made it for me.

Thanks organisers, you kept it all together and highly enjoyable.

Tony.

• Like 4

I am of the same mind - there is no way I could choose between all the excellent builds so not having a poll doesn't detract from the enjoyment. I say that we should all vote for Matchbox!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Matchbox III must be.  Let's keep the madness going. I really enjoyed this GB, nevertheless I didn't finish my kit but it was fun guys. Looking forward to  do it again. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Franz75 said:

Matchbox III must be.  Let's keep the madness going. I really enjoyed this GB, nevertheless I didn't finish my kit but it was fun guys. Looking forward to  do it again. 

I think we’ve got ourselves a GB title there Franz... ‘Matchbox Madness - part 3’.. cause we must all be mad to go around again for a third time!! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 4

I had so much trouble picking just one of three decal schemes for she's so finee my one-o-ninee (thanks Jan & Dean and Chevrolet automobiles) and enough of those AZmodel spare parts I spiced her up, that its a miracle it took me so long to sign in on the Matchbox Madness III :bounce: 

But how about waiting for the Airfix and Frog kits to get their turn first? Meanwhile I have to pick up a few Emils, and maybe HMS Kelly, and... Oh I can see it all coming :thumbsup:.

V-P

• Like 2