Bronco Buffalo with slat

SeanM

It's coming along nicely. I have the version without the bar armour, think I may have to grab one of these at telford. Great build so far, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

It's coming along nicely. I have the version without the bar armour, think I may have to grab one of these at telford. Great build so far, keep up the good work!

LionRoar do an etch aftermarket bar armour kit for the basic Buffalo kit - the part number is LAS35019. Be warned, there is a lot of brass, but its excellent by the looks of it - I've got it in the stash and plan to get to it at some point....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LionRoar-LAS35019-1-35-BUFFALC-6-6-MPCV-Detailing-Set-/351276648866

Here's the sheet to tint the windows

DD6644F1-037B-4F09-97BF-C6DCFBBACCBB_zps

Maybe a little darker than it should be but without an airbrush probably the best option. It's 0.23mm thick which makes it rigid enough. Have tried gluing some to scrap windows using different glues which left it foggy or streaky. So will attempt to just place it behind the kit glass and hope the lip in the frame holds it in place.

Using the kit glass as template cut and file the tinted plastic to shape

779E1764-A80C-4E50-9378-8951B7B5CD77_zps

There is not a lot of tolerance. Too small and it just falls through, too wide and it won't fit.

Window on the left is clear, on the right is backed by the tint

F38E5255-BE74-4157-9288-0B19EB6249C6_zps

BCEB5974-8487-4DFB-A4B8-8785EF2CD291_zps

Fit of the kit glass is so tight no glue is required. Takes a bit of patience to get it to fit without bending if too tight or falling through if too loose that one window took me over 30 minutes and a few bits of wasted sheet 😓

• Like 2

I'm giving up on the tinted windows. Got 3 done with much frustration then doing the 4th the tinted plastic fell out of two if them. 😖 But using glue will fog them...

So I'll leave the glass clear and tint them in a few years whenever I get an airbrush 😏

• Like 1

Just found this build, read through it and you are doing a great job! This isn't a kit that's usually on my radar, but it looks great and i might have to have a go at building one at some point.

Thanks for sharing,

Nick

• Like 1

Thanks Gents, glad you're enjoying it.

Wheels on and figure beside it just to give an idea of the size. A big brute.

E4DF9A90-541D-47AE-92D6-EE95B03C294F_zps

Time to start on the slat armour

• Like 2

Thanks Andy, they are a great kit. A bit fiddly in places, but nothing to be afraid of.

A nice little note in the instructions. Don't know why they left it to the very last page 😀

6B594B34-9D1A-4D6E-9618-8B36FB54B20B_zps

3 spruces just for the slat. Lots of sprue fares to be cut and cleaned. Also very fragile. But it does look fantastic. Nice crisp moulding and no flash. Just need to take my time and avoid damaging it.

580CA002-5A9A-4458-9AE4-C72358A5FA14_zps

The next steps could see me through to Christmas.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are two types of lights provided to go on the slat. One looks like more modern LED spot loghts but involves small bits of PE with complex folds. The other looks older but only has one puece of PE which doesn't need to be folded.

03BF9027-DF64-485E-BBE8-975B3D6FC703_zps

I'm going for simple & easy!

• Like 2

And this is one side of the skat before the lights are attached. This took 3 evenings at the bench. No real issues just need to be very careful cutting the slat and fragile arms.

7BF7043F-82B5-48B8-979E-6960BDAA4E1C_zps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think so Prowler. It'll take about a week to paint the slat & lights, a few evenings to fit them and then its just add the aerials etc. If I can just stay focused....

• Like 1