RLM 78 who uses what? (and RLM65 for that matter)

Duncan B

Another quick update. on the 18th August Politicni Komisar suggested I try the new Mr Paint range from Slovakia so I had a look on their website (www.mrpaint.sk) and decided to order a couple of colours to try them out.

I ordered RLM78 (obviously), RLM65 and RLM79. The RLM78 is labelled as Hellblau, the RLM65 is also labelled Hellblau and the RLM79 is labelled Sandgelb 1.

These paints arrived today 24th Aug (so great service) and although I haven't had the chance to spray them yet I can say that the colours all appear to be very close matches to the corresponding chips on the Eagle Editions chart. They come in glass bottles similar to Alclad and appear to be premixed ready for airbrushing.

Here's a quick look

1EDCB43C-BA88-441E-BC37-4444E6FC2382_zps

I look forward to testing these paints and I'll be sure to report back on how that goes.

Duncan B

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've found Humbrol 87 a pretty decent match as well.

Cheers,

Andre

Hello

Could You please specify is Humbrol 87 decent match for RLM 65 or 78 ?

TIA

Teemu H

Duncan, if you're up for it I'd be pleased to slip you a few samples to try to convert you next club night (or at the AMS show at the end of the month)?

James, I'd be pleased to try out your paint and can post the results on BM for everyone else to see if you'd be happy with that.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Ooooh goodie, a paint thread. It will remain largely theoretical to me, being as importing enamels is vitually impossible but I do have a colour coats RLM78 in stock & the Merrick & Eagle edition charts so there's bound to be something I can glean from it. I'll be looking out for more.

Wish I knew someone bringing a yacht out this way. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Slightly :offtopic: , but... Last night I was in trouble; I needed acrylic RLM 65 blue, or something close to it, but hadn´t got a bottle/jar/can of such in possession. So far I´ve used only enamels but I do have Vallejo Game Colour Magic Blue and Model Colour matt white and black, why, I can´t remember. So I began to add first blue and then black to base white. Half an hour later I had this already brushed on:

WP_20151011_003_zps3jg9v0xx.jpg

Comparing now my own mix against any paint chip like the one in post #30 I must admit I´m very, very happy! Regards, V-P

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Fascinating thread!!!  Does anyone know where I can get Vallejo Model Air 71.255 - RLM65 (Hellblau) - in the UK.  It appears in the Vallejo Luftwaffe paint sets - but when you ask for the individual colour from UK stockists - they look at you as if your talking nonsense :(  

23 hours ago, BIG X said:

Fascinating thread!!!  Does anyone know where I can get Vallejo Model Air 71.255 - RLM65 (Hellblau) - in the UK.  It appears in the Vallejo Luftwaffe paint sets - but when you ask for the individual colour from UK stockists - they look at you as if your talking nonsense :(  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vallejo-Model-Air-Light-Blue-RLM65-71-255-17ml-Acrylic-Airbrush-Ready-Paint-/131994271593?hash=item1ebb78bf69:g:~NMAAOSw44BYHiAV

I've bought from this outfit before - pretty quick delivery.....in fact as it turns out I've actually bought this one ;)

• Like 1