Triumph's Revells B-24D Liberator Flak Alley

Built out the box Revell 1/48 B-24D Liberator Flak Alley. Built by Ian Collis

B-24D-25-CO Liberator 41-24225 Flak Alley boasted an athletic young woman attired in nothing but panties. Aside from this female form, five swastikas below its mission tally denoted that the combined claims of the aircraft's gunners made this bomber an ace. Belonging to the 68th BS/44th BG, Lost 24 Feb 44 on her 42nd mission. Crashed in a small village south of Gotha. Eye witness noted that after bombing the target, Gotha, Germany, this aircraft was hit by prop wash and fell out of formation. Enemy aircraft concentrated their attacks on this A/C and it began to struggle. Six chutes were seen to come out of the A/C before it was seen to explode at approximately 1328 hours.

media-14535.jpg

DSCF00060.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF00090.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

Ian made this kit years ago and while theres no doubt about his skills now, at the time with no internet for refrence, turned out there was a problem with the model, so I put it right. These two pictures show what I mean. First there was a gap with the cockpit glass,Tiny bit of filler and mixed some paint up inproved things, then the Red markings around the nose window, B/W picture dose not have them and I have never seen on any pictures of B-24s, but on the decal sheet and instructions it says to put them on. I went with the B/W pic and removed the decals on both sides and repainted the area, last was the rear guns, To much paint, thanks to some 'oven cleaner' I removed the paint and repainted the glass again, problem is Revell chosed to have a join slap bang down the middle of the blister, nothing to do but live with it

DSCF0015.jpg

New%20crop.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

croped.jpg

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 27

Extremely well finished Liberator.

It must really be big! Great job

JR