Convair B-58 Hustler (1/48 Monogram)

Thank you all!

I will try to meet your expectations and finish the build as soon as possible.

:)

hello

Impressive work. I am always amazed by such scratch work.

I have the same box with Caracal decals. As for the exhausts I got lazier than you by buying Aires resin set :)

romain

I read this article and decided to do without the aftermarket sets.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/reviews/accessories/lsmb58nozzlesreviewdwa_1.htm

Holy Cow, you must have steady hands! I reckon I could just about match some of the raised hydraulics lines, but the neatness of things like those green ?oxygen bottles inside deep holes is just as good, and I couldn't do that in a month of Sundays. Excellent stuff.

Amazing !

Details are wonderful, Nicely painted, Is that zinc chromate you have used ?

Guy

Amazing !

Details are wonderful, Nicely painted, Is that zinc chromate you have used ?

Guy

No, I have not used zinc chromate.

That is colors of Gunze Mr. Color - 5ml No.69 Off White and 14-15 drops No.21 Middle Stone

Glad I stumbled onto this thread - this is really nice work. When you added the details to the front landing gear and wheel well, were you working from reference photos or just using artistic license? It looks very impressive either way! I'm looking forward to more of your work on the Hustler - this is one of the few Monogram 1:48 scale models that I did not build back in my youth. :)

Cheers,

Bill

Glad I stumbled onto this thread - this is really nice work. When you added the details to the front landing gear and wheel well, were you working from reference photos or just using artistic license? It looks very impressive either way! I'm looking forward to more of your work on the Hustler - this is one of the few Monogram 1:48 scale models that I did not build back in my youth. :)

Cheers,

Bill

I worked with the reference pictures.

I use several walk arounds of Hustler from the Internet.

• Like 2

No, I have not used zinc chromate.

That is colors of Gunze Mr. Color - 5ml No.69 Off White and 14-15 drops No.21 Middle Stone

The colour mix has worked well.

Guy

• 4 weeks later...

The detail in the wheel well and on the nose gear is simply astounding! Beautiful work, Seversky! :)

Were the reflectors in the landing lights made from sequins? I think that is the word for those small, shiny fashion disks sewn into clothing.

Cheers,

Bill

Were the reflectors in the landing lights made from sequins? I think that is the word for those small, shiny fashion disks sewn into clothing.

Cheers,

Bill

No, the reflectors in the landing lights took from additional set for kit of cars.

:)

• Like 1

Sometimes when I see such craftsmanship, I feel the model manufacturers -no matter how unintentional- good to keep their models at certain levels of detail and leave the rest to modellers... And in this way can we be introduced to real modelling skills...

I hope the rest comes even better and we all see a superb Hustler...

• Like 1

Just out of interest: did you have information for the colour of the wheel bays? I know the restored ones have yellow zinc chromate, but I've also seen interior green and light aircraft grey suggested.

I'm not suggesting for a second that you should change the colour, just collecting information for my next B-58 :)