Hawker Tomtit 1/72 scale

Finally finished my latest build, with help from fellow formites for much in the way of information and scale drawings on this machine, and to John Aero for supplying the engine and prop.I used a Matchbox Hawker Fury as a donor for most of the parts, which were suitably cut,shaped and sanded to as near to scale as i could get, the fuselage was the only major part that had to be built up from scratch, maybe the wheels are a tad too big, but otherwise i'm quite happy with the end result.

tomtit%20IMGP0424%20_zpsckcndfvo.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0415_zps9djdqr0y.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0421_zpshrguouz0.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0411_zps4snhxchl.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0419_zpsoua6uevq.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0423_zpsr0a5vdmw.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0426_zpsdrsz2aru.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0430%20_zps0qmo9g2y.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0427_zps9n0tuwzm.jpg

tomtit%20IMGP0428_zpsd1dtzfim.jpg

• Like 29

Nice work, never heard of this aircraft before. I may or may not be the only one tittering at the aircrafts name...

The silver on the engine looks excellent, I hope you dont mind me asking what paint you used?

Cheers

Viv

On my last trip to Old Warden in june i took some shots of the background between the parked aircraft up from the control tower to use as a scene for when the model was finished so that it looks at home. The cowling panels were done with kitchen foil, put on with microscale ,micro metal foil adhesive. The chrome looking rocker covers are done with a very old humbrol no11, this seems to give a much more shiny finish in my opinion than what the newer tins do these days.Many thanks for the kind comments. I just had to scratchbuild this aircraft as i feel it has a important place in history and wanted one to go in my collection of interwar types.