Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger

A few more photos, with progress. More exterior painting still to come before the gloss cote then the weathering and washing begins.

IMG_6994_zpsqnk7rs6b.jpg

IMG_6995_zpszuk4bwiu.jpg

IMG_6996_zps0bezkpty.jpg

I'm not entirely sure about the missing zimmerit effect but I think like everything it will only look realistic after extensive weathering, washing and dry brushing.

IMG_6997_zpshbrgdqxs.jpg

IMG_6998_zps836cwsfu.jpg

IMG_6999_zpsrvmzwoic.jpg

IMG_7000_zpss3z8gcrs.jpg

IMG_7003_zpsifqvo4wl.jpg

IMG_7011_zpshcdrrnoo.jpg

IMG_7012_zps3jtiuvky.jpg

• Like 5

The Zimmerit looks great with the damaged sections and as you mentioned they will blend in more with some washes and weathering. I am rather tempted to use this effect on the skirts of my IV when I get around to fitting them.

The KT is an impressive beast, I am at the moment sorely tempted by the JT which will be released in the autumn.....................................................

Yes the Jadtiger does look interesting indeed. Let's hope Trumpeter do it as much justice as the King Tiger.

I have been following it on forums but not much info on the interior side yet, particularly the 128mm gun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've mostly finished the King Tiger now,

I'ts one of those models that i can see will never be fully finished due to the ability to keep on detailing and keep on weathering!

I'm in 2 minds about adding mud in certain areas :banghead: I can go on for months and months with this.

But i'm happy with how my King Tiger is.......for now

IMG_7065_zpscrkvy5yl.jpg

IMG_7064_zpse2ywopex.jpg

IMG_7066_zpsjd03jriz.jpg

IMG_7067_zpswikocyct.jpg

Will I buy the new 1/16 Jagdtiger :hanging:

• Like 6

That's come out very very well Phil. The chipped zimmerit looks great :goodjob:

I really like the slight metallic sheen you have added, how did you do that?

Hope the paint job on mine comes out as good!

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Belive it or not? The bare metal on the turret is quite simply a Satin Grey. The post shading (weathering & washing) and then Tamiya Clear, all created the bare metal effect.

The scratching was simply achieved using Humbrol Gun metal, painted with a very thin brush. Once dry, rubbed gently with a cotton bud. After a light Tamiya Clear coat to finish.

Phil