1/48 Italeri Typhoon (sorry another one...)

Hello friends and greetings from Italy. As the summer weather is too hot here, there is nothing better to stay home with air conditioner and do some modelling...

So here you are my last built. Sorry not to be very original, but I wanted to try a classic this time.

The Italeri Kit (Hasegawa reboxing) is not too bad. I've added some cockpit details, cut the control surfaces on the tail and scratchbuilt the flaps in extended position. Some other small details have been added on the rockets.

Decals are OOB and represent an aircraft of 247 sqn. in France just after the D-day.

Painting (including invasion stripes) has been done with aibrush using a mix of Italeri and Tamiya acrylic paints. Overall finishing done with Tamiya spray can.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy the pictures.

Cheers

Andy

P1010239_zpsskvrza6m.jpg

P1010248_zps3obmikiz.jpg

P1010246_zpsqg6puzdz.jpg

615ca267-e05c-40fc-98a7-49ebf548b4a9_zps

• Like 16

Nice going!!

And no need to say sorry. I'd rather see a Typhoon than the endless stream of spitfires we see on this forum.

When you place the Typhoon next to a spit then you instantly see how tiny and dull the spitfire really is.

I really like your build. Keep up the good work.

Reg. Jeroen

Spitfire dull ! But I know what you mean so many of them about at the moment maybe it's something to do with the 75th anniversary :whistle:

Really like the Typhoon well detailed :goodjob:

Guy