12039573_1049169908441154_41162567470518

12074750_1049169861774492_24250528480264

12063816_1049169878441157_10442908393959

12036967_1049169808441164_49305132994980

12074832_1049169828441162_55440023287415

For some reason, my cell phone camera is uploading much smaller pictures than it used to. Not sure how to fix it.

In any case, these three are done. I'm fairly happy with them; the AZ kit's thick wings seem less accurately-shaped than the Airfix ones, only really noticeable when you hold both in your hands, I think.

• Like 8

p.s. after a hard week at work and a weekend away visiting the girls I've come back and searched through 6 pages of new content and still no write up from PC on his visit...

"Don't just sit there PC, GET ONE UP!"

Before you know if that grub will be making its way into the world and then we'll never see the long expected travelogue... :)

• Like 2

Before you know if that grub will be making its way into the world and then we'll never see the long expected travelogue... :)

Prescient! She just had bloody show*, so we think in the next 48 hours.

*= Actually a real technical term, if you gents without heirs were wondering. My favourite anecdote about the use of "bloody", BTW, was when W S Gilbert changed the title of Ruddygore to Ruddigore and was told they meant the same thing. The great man replied "Not at all, for that would mean that if I said that I admired your ruddy countenance, which I do, I would be saying that I liked your bloody cheek, which I don't."

• Like 6

Oh my goodness... How exciting!... And you may have a baby soon ;)

I know we are low on the list of those to inform, but I will say keep is posted. I hope your good lady wife is well?

A brilliant quote also!

The spitfires look amazing, I genuinely feel they are among some of your best, especially on the paint front.

I see what your saying about the ib wings, too straight almost and not quite pointed enough on the tip.

A stunning trio

Rob

• Like 1

Here we go!

PC whatever else you take to the delivery room, do NOT forget your sandwiches, other snacks and something to read... Us males are way down the list at such places and sustenance is hard to come by when you have to stay close by 'just in case'.

Good luck and best wishes to you and Mrs P!

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for you all! Expect your hands to get crushed by your good lady in the delivery room, I'm not entirely unconvinced that my dearly beloved wasn't trying to share some of the pain with her vice like grip....

Mark.

• Like 1

Paul, I wish I'd realized, that's when Ced, 06/24, and myself were there as well. Silver Enclosure, mostly. Where were you?

Oh, out with the great British Public. Missed out on the Silver and Gold passes, although probably too expensive anyway! Odd to think we might have wandered past each other unbeknownst!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2

Oh, out with the great British Public. Missed out on the Silver and Gold passes, although probably too expensive anyway!

Sad to say, the silver pass was worth every penny. I really should have made an effort to meet more people, but I'm always afraid someone will just be so excited to be close enough to take a swing at me that they'll give into temptation.

No baby yet. The waiting is very stressful at this point.

• Like 3

More best wishes from me, too, PC. And children aren't that bad when it comes to this hobby. I found it quite useful to fill in those long nights at the start, and now that my son is four he's helping out (a dab hand at brush painting, too, though his colour schemes tend to the psychedelic). The in between years when he was mobile but not safe were a bit of a drag, though.

• Like 1

Good luck (mostly to your wife) regarding the new one! Or are there more than one?

I am definitely not into kids, but I guess we need new blood to sustain and perpetuate our hobby! Sacrifices have to be made...

All the best PC!

JR

PS: Almost forgot: great Spit trio!!! Congrats!

I always tend to forget that one has to come ferreting around in these back rooms to find the action of late. I have been ( almost ) patiently awaiting your version of "News of England"; ready for some serious amusement, and many "I never looked at it that way before" moments.

OK, so I'll give you a little time as you deal with PC jr ( could this be considered a 1/72 human? ) but don't take advantage of my good nature - I want this travelogue! All the best!

• Like 3

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

Good luck (mostly to your wife) regarding the new one! Or are there more than one?

I am definitely not into kids, but I guess we need new blood to sustain and perpetuate our hobby! Sacrifices have to be made...

He'll be our first. I won't lie that I'm very nervous about it; I had a weird upbringing and ended up running away from home (as did one of my two sisters, so it isn't just me), and while I am now on pretty good terms with my parents, this weighs pretty heavily on me of late. One hopes to do the best one can, but I certainly know from my own experience that there are things that I can never be fully prepared for or hope to catch. It's incredibly frightening. What would I do to protect this person who I helped to make, and who I've never met? What wouldn't I do? Just watch me, I guess.

I am excited for some things, but they're so far in the future it seems almost unfair to have expectations: watching bad movies together; showing him Star Wars (the real ones only, thanks, none of this new crap) for the first time; building a model with him; showing the film Battle of Britain; watching him discover history and hoping he'll feel the same deep love for it that I do, or even if he doesn't, that something bigger than he is will still catch his breath and move him with its power and beauty some day, and being there to see it. It's a lot of work to do, and he's a limited-run kit, short mold. Only one in the world, you know. Hopefully I get to meet him soon.

• Like 10

...Hopefully I get to meet him soon.

Imminently, by the sound of things... I'm sure you will be a good parent PC, millions of people do it every day, some are better than others but I think you and Mrs P will, by instinct, be amongst the better ones.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 5

It's a cliche but just show them love and support you can't go for wrong. You expectations are well founded and are things that give you excitement and something to look forward too... what I will say is they probably won't turn out exactly as you see them, but what will happen will be just as good if not better!

Thoughts are with you Edward

Rob

Another classic Procopius post... Mrs B was impressed too :)

In my experience when you first hold your new child Nature will flip a switch and you'll be besotted... hopefully not so much that your modelling gene gets turned off! :)

Best wishes PC, and to Mel.

All will be well. It's the most the second most natural thing in the world :)

• Like 1