A beautiful diorama, real inspiration. I have the airfix 1/72 and the eduard 1/48 of this subject. I will be really happy if I get such outcome from the 1/72.

One comment to the comments. Correct me if I am wrong. PFT Spitfires were a very early version. As far as I understood they were equipped with propellers with metal blades. So as much as amount of chipping might be discussed, technically the "dural" chipping is correct. I saw even somewhere a resin set for eduards Mk IXc early which stated clearly "metal propeller blades with rounded tips".

Even if they were metal the chipping on front of the propeller is overdone. In fact apart from the leading edges and tips the majority of the wear and dirt will be on the back of blades to the point that they would be worn back to bare metal! There was a thread on the subject in which people posted some excellent photos of wear and tear on the back of propeller blades. Operating in a desert environment in particular would produce very heavy wear on the back of the blades.

It's a point often missed.

Having said that apart from the issues pointed out. The diorama is an impressive work of art and certainly captures the spirit of the action. Well done.

• 4 months later...

Wow! It took a while to notice that the 'diorama' was four separate shots blended in together. Your photoshop skill are as strong as your modeling skills. Nice touch of decreasing contrast of the aircraft further away.

Brilliant work !!

Seriously impressive stuff, exceptional quality and great photo effects. Weathering seems to be a tricky area for people to agree on, but yours is most effective, Great job! :thumbsup: