1/48th Tiger Moth

• 2 weeks later...

Things have come to a temporary halt while I actively look for a new job which is how I am posting during the day as I'm at home scouring jobsites and waiting phone calls from a couple good recruitment places that keep calling!! But as far as the model build is concerned I am at a painting stage and have yet to decide on a final scheme....still in a quandary re this but hope to get a move on soon.

Cheers all. Still waiting for something to come along that I am willing to do.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for some decals to come for my Tiger. And really need to get around the fear of how I'm going to add the control cable runs that in this scale should be added.

• 3 weeks later...

Made a decision. An all yellow one and a subject that still exists in full size form. From photos on line I see that This airframe is/was G-AFVE and now resides in Poland. I have the decals now and here it is during painting:

IMG_8826_zpswfkfwcfo.jpg

Some remedial paint work needs doing and I'll tackle this when paint is hard and dry. Still need to have a go at adding the control runs.

• Like 2

I have to agree....almost. There are some very pretty schemes applied to civilian Tiger Moths, we've seen some on the GB, but to reflect the role in which the Tiger Moth arguably fulfilled its destined place, it has to be over all yellow. She's coming along well Paul. :)

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work Paul. Gotta love the Tiger Moth!. I use the same procedure for rigging that you used here but when it comes to trimming and refinishing the underside of the bottom wing, I punch out discs from .005" plastic card to represent inspection panels which all fabric covered aircraft are required to have..then glue them over the ugly spot that is left after trimming the threads. . Most of the panels are 6" in diameter so in 1/48 scale that would be about 1/9"

Barney