1/48th Tiger Moth

Hi. Things are slowly shaping up for me at home and it has given me a bit more time to try and get back into building something. I am hoping to make some headway into building the Aeroclub 48th Tiger Moth for the GB.

I have some pics to do and will post as and when. I'll just have to see how things go.

Cheers for now.

• Like 2

Well done Paul, so pleased to hear that things are improving. You'll really relish a bit of time modelling when you finally get the chance and we, of course, are delighted to have you along in YOUR GB!

Regards

Max

Cheers Max.

However, I had a couple evenings where I got carried away and neglected to do photos of the work. I have a feeling that the @mojo' thingy and my other issues have gone away...... I feel that "buzzz" coming back but I don't want to get carried away-- in case......

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have been a bit quiet since trying to get back in but situations change rapidly for me and i snatch what time i can for modelling. But just for now one pic :

IMG_8514_zps95sjo85e.jpg

Top wing on. Rigging has also been carried out but battery on camera fizzled out at the wrong moment typically. But I promise I'll post pics of more progress very soon...

• Like 1

Looking great - have one of these to do as part of my 501 Squadron theme - have no idea where to start looking for reference pictures though!

I shall be following this one . . .

Nick

If you mean reference pictures for the Tiger Moth, try looking in the Reference thread for this GB Nick. :)

Max

Good job Paul, you've used your snatched moments to great effect.....she looks beautiful!

Max

If you mean reference pictures for the Tiger Moth, try looking in the Reference thread for this GB Nick. :)

Max

Hi Max,

Tiger Moth references no problem - it's reference to Tiger Moths in 501 Squadron markings that I can't find even with two books about 501 Squadron.

Nick

I don't wish to hijack Paul's thread so I'll make this the last comment here. I have a book which I think lists known serial numbers for any aircraft used by 501 so I'll have look and get back to by pm.

Thanks in anticipation!

Nick

IMG_8525_zpsawoloyxj.jpg
One side with rigging done...
IMG_8528_zpsmymztqlh.jpg
How I do my rigging. Hole right through both wings, pass preferred rigging material through hole in one wing then secure with cyano, thread remaining length through other wing...
IMG_8532_zpsapjeqhrl.jpg
IMG_8533_zpses6hmyd6.jpg[/
IMG_8527_zps9ag2lklu.jpg

... like this and pull taught with self gripping tweezers and glue the second point. When dry trim off excess and ...
voila!
IMG_8536_zpsmsc4wvak.jpg

IMG_8526_zpsfxiidcpu.jpg
A peak into the cockpit.
The thing is I am now at a stage of trying to choose a colour scheme. I would like to do CDC or a yellow one or maybe even a camo /yellow one of a Polish EFTS.... :shrug:

Looking like a proper Tiger Moth now Paul, lovely work. I have to admit that I struggled with the white metal main undercarriage section when I did my first Aeroclub one but yours looks to be pretty good. Not my favourite modelling medium though!

Max

• 3 weeks later...

Not done a lot lately but here are some more 'in progress ' pics. Found some fine copper wire strands amongst my odd materials and made use of it to represent the fuel line from the tank down to the upper cowling. Also made a couple of undercart support stays for want of a better description. Also in one pic I have made aileron bellcrank and cable. Not brilliant pics but hope thye show enough.

IMG_8566_zpswgf1kvnj.jpg

IMG_8567_zpsedoqz5by.jpg

IMG_8568_zpsoay7mygj.jpg

Still undecided on a colour scheme but its very much ready for some colour.

• Like 1