'Sharkmouth' GB idea?

PaulR

Evening all, was pondering a possible theme for a GB. It often strikes me the most successful GBs are ones which allow a wide range of types and/or colour schemes. Equally, finding an engaging theme that ties them all together can sometimes be a challenge. So... what about a sharkmouth GB? Anything that has (in real life) sported a sharkmouth as part of its markings. Probably one for the aeroplane builders, but I do seem to recall a sherman with a sharkmouth! An absolutely wide range of possible types, eras, camo schemes; what do people think?

• Like 8

I'll definitely be interested. I previously had a nice collection of sharkmouth planes and been meaning to start building them again. There was a Sherman with a sharkmouth as I recall seeing the artwork for a Dragon kit. I recall also seeing one painted on a Vietnam era hovercraft although I can't remember seeing one in kit form.

OK, let's see... off the top of my head I can think of Bf110s, P-40s, mustangs, sabres, vampires, hunters, ouragans, mysteres, F-8s, canberra B8s, phantoms, T33s, prototype F-15s, hornets/super hornets, tomcats, F-16s, corsair II, tucanos, mig 19s, mig 29s, prop typhoons, desert storm tornados, harrier gr7s... got to be something there for everyone but I can only think of one spitfire and one seafire! What else can people think of?

Lancaster, B-17s, B-24s, B-26s,Bf-109s, Fw-190, Stuka, La-5, Su-27s ehhhhh. That was what I was thinking of.But there must be manny more.

O, and I am interested as well.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Academy's LVTP-7 APC kit has a shark mouth option from Korea, iirc.

Hobby Boss' kit also includes the Korean Marines marking/

AirCam did a softcover book on this long long ago.......

PM

Patrick, Aicam did two books on sharkmouth schemes. I have over 3000 images of sharkmouth vehicles. I've started too many kits, all with sharkmouth schemes, this year as it was my New Year's resolution. While I may not participate, I'll be glad to offer images and (if I can spare them) decals to participants.

Obviously, I'd like to see this GB take off!

Regards,

• Like 1