Spitfire Mk. IIa P8387, 308.Squadr. RAF 1941 (1/48)

Some time ago I got from a polish friend the last book for my collection about Polish Figting Teams in WWII.

It is the first edition of "Polish Wings Nr.6" with title "Spitfire Mk.I/II". also too I have just like the other issues in my collection it is a very nice and interesting publication about first version of Spitfire in polish figting teams.

PW6.jpg

my historie template for this model:

History.jpg

At second sources I used the polish KAGERO publication 15027: Polish Spitfires with 8 version off free decals include.

197149-12743-98.jpg

Very interesting are many Spitfires with special letter-coder variants in form of additionaly names from girlfriend or/ and wifes! :speak_cool:

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 2

The basic kit is from Tamiya, a Spitfire Mk.I in sclae 1/48. Also I used a Spitfire resin seat from Quickboost. With some little conversions I built a MK.IIa-version:

• Coffmann starter (clear part 10)
  • the graet voltage regulator
  • modified aerial mast without VHF wire
  • 5 section main wheel undercarriage (is this correct in english??)
  • underwing gun heating outlets

Spit_10.jpg

Edited by BOBO
  • Like 1

Now some views from my model built:

the new Quickboost seat is ready

Spit_01.jpg

a new left control cable

Spit_02a.jpg

All important part sections are ready with color but not with cement, only slotted together

Spit_07a.jpg

first decals on the model kit (all are be wet), all part are yet slotted together

Spit_09.jpg

Parts just marriend!

Hochzeot03.jpg

Hochzeot01.jpg

Hochzeot02.jpg

Edited by BOBO

Very nice Spitfire . Top Tip , when you have finished the paint work go over the whole model with a fine sanding stick

This will remove any small bits of dust or any other imperfections and make the paint really smooth for the decals.

• Like 1