1/48 Hometown (village) B-24 Liberator

• 6 years later...

G'day Chris,

I'm really hoping you or one of the great folk on this board can help me with a problem I've had for 4 years now. I was given a beautiful 1/48 Liberator model and for some reason, while dusting, the entire nose turret assembly detached itself and was, unnoticed, stepped on and reduced to 'plastic rubble'. Search as I may, I can't find a replacement nose turret assembly to restore my gift.

Part of the problem is I don't know what the original kit was so, I can't contact the manufacturer and ask for spare parts. I do know it was a 'Ford' nose and it wasn't until just now that I read your reference to bill @ koster

Could you please let me have bills full email address, better still the contact details for Koster would be great? I've not heard of Koster before, one hopes they are still in business.

There are a few people that sell the canopies of a 1/48 Liberator but they aren't much good to me without the plastic kit parts that make up the rest of the turret.

This is very important to me as the friend who gave me the Liberator is no longer with us. I can't stand seeing his beautiful work ruined. 

I now have enough skill to repair this Liberator but first I need the parts.

I would be very happy to pay a 'Finder's Fee' or donate to anyone's favourite charity if they can put me onto a conversion kit that will allow me to repair my beautiful Liberator.

Contact me at any time at:

Bill Halliwell

[email protected]

PO Box 162 Lindisfarne Tasmania 7015 Australia