Northrop Gamma 2E, China 1937, 1/72 (conv. Williams Bross)

Hi,

Something what I just finished, not the archive one. Northrop Gamma 2E, China markings from second Sino-Japan War, Hankow 1937 (till perhaps 39?) I started this about two years ago and was standing unfinished for a long time. I will try to explain a bit why it was going so slowly - but first I would like to present the photos:

nort gam2e DSC04847nort gam2e DSC04848nort gam2e DSC04849nort gam2e DSC04851

Here I realized, that some mud or dust must be added on w wheels, so I added:

nort gam2e DSC04856

The model is scratch conversion of Williams Bros Northrop Gamma 2a/2b kit

Here is a couple with another Gamma from my shelves - the Spanish one 2D.

nort gam2e DSC04852

And here those two with Northrop Delta - which I also converted from the same kit:

nort gam2e DSC04853

They used the same wings, undercaridge, horizontal tail, in case of Gamma 2D and 2E they basicly have the same fuselage, but 2E has shorter engine bad... Gamma 2D and Delta were alredy posted separately before.

Well, I have to confess something. All those three models are made from a single Gamma 2A/B kit from Williams Bros.... I breed them - I copied some needed parts in resin...

Here one can see that it was resin indeed:

north gamma DSC08749

nort gam2e gamma DSC04690nort gam2e gamma DSC04689

I engraved the lines and added details which differ them..

The canopy is made of 15 separate sheets glued together :) :

nort gam2e DSC04836

This was a kind of pure "academic" work (opposite to work on Delta, which is really hard to get AFAIK ) since the Gamma 2E exists as nice resin kit by RS. Nevertheless - It took me some time.

Finally I would like to present my small set (as yet) of China airplanes from first part of second Sino-Japan (before 1941). All of them I posted already separately (Dewoitine, Vultee V11, I-153)

nort gam2e DSC04855nort gam2e DSC04854

Thank you for watching, comments welcomed and regards

Jezry-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 17

Thank you John, Roger and Mitch.

Mitch - we be talking about this set some weeks ago. I am particulary happy that you noticed my post during summer holidays :)

John - yes - unfortunately, Chinese machines are so much monochromatic...The Japs from from this conflict are more colorful.

Roger - indeed, some very interesting machines were flying there - I hope one day to do birds like Curtiss Condor or Curtiss Shrike. From what I have already in stash I am planning to do Chineese Breda 27, Curtiss Hawk II, Heinkel 111 A with Cyclone engines, SB2M103 likely also Morane 225.... Some more are under consideration.

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Thank you Kira666 - your right - indeed this is conversion from William Bros, but I mentioned it somewhere between the photos of first post :)

All those three models are made from a single Gamma 2A/B kit from Williams Bros.... I breed them - I copied some needed parts in resin...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jerzy!!!

Without a doubt, to be out of this place is a sin, as when I am absent, everything very wonderful succeeds, and this is not the exception, so for sure will have to make my time and have the chance to watch day by day the site...

I have remembering when a friend of mine once in 1979 was trying to sell me this Williams Bros plane and I asked him about the military use and he just said me "Will you buy it or not???"...for sure i have to bought it...anyway, its a real pleasure to watch everything you post here, as there is a source of inspiration in everything you makes. I have some projects to build and will for sure need some advise...seriously!!!

Thank you very much for the big effort and strive you put in every post: The subject, some history, the process...hey, what a detail you make to made us the day!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you Luis-Alfonso and Jason for nice comments. Luis - I am glad to see back at the forum:)

The Jack Northrop was a very interesting constructor - and this series which starts with variants of Gamma, Delta, A-17 Nomad and ends on BT1, Dauntless and N3PB, is a fascinating example of mutation and versality. My brother (nick KRK4m on this forum) turned my mind many years ago to see that all this machines are just variations of one basic concept having the same centre of wing...(and in many cases - whole wing) . This Chineese, front cabin Gamma 2E was a kind of a "by product" of doing Delta, since I copied in resin wings, undercarridge and horizotal stabilizers - so only the feselage left to be copied in resin to start this project....

I hope to post soon the last one - BT1 (Valom kit)

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 2