Please help with my dream - the last Vulcan season

Andrew.S

Hello,

I am on Brtimodeller here about 2 years long and I am very often impressed of the builds a also inspiring discussions. I would like to ask you - Avro Vulcan lovers or admirers.

I was going to go to England (in August) or to Scottland (in September) to the last airshows, where the Vulcan will be flying. But I had a few collisions with my computer and another stuff in my house, so now I am without money to go to the airshow. I am really big lover of the Vulcan. It was very sad for me as for as everyone to hear, that Vulcan will fly for the last time in history. I will be very happy, if anyone, who is going to visit the Vulcan for the last time will help me just with e.g. authentic video or photo with date and his sign on it or something. I am from Czech Republic, so it is very long way to go on your home island even though I would like to see it for my own for the first and last time in my life.
I will be very happy with every response. Please, write me an e-mail ([email protected]) or private message here, on Britmodeller.
Thank you very much in advance.

King Regards,

Ondrej Skarka

Edited by Andrew.S
  • Like 1

Maybe not too much to worry about, it has been said this is the last season for the Vulcan for a few years, it seems to get a reprieve everytime??

If the money does run out, I'm sure someone in the US would take it on??

. . . Kes (being optimistic?)

Sadly this time its not about money but about the engineering sponsors willing to continue to participate. I've read that its down to their legal departments not thinking that the growing risk of something going wrong and the potential reputational damage that could cause is worth the ongoing participation.

Hi Ondrej,

I am going to Blackpool tomorrow. 558 is due as the finale, and I have a brand new camera to try out.i hope I get some decent pics and will post on here if I am happy with the results

Thank you very much! It will be fantastic.

Some pics from a couple of friends on Flickr..

19995652714_e6aa01e837_b.jpg

19982520384_14812219c6_b.jpg

Wish I had gone this year, went last year but XH558 was grounded. Bad weather again this year, but great to

see it flying past Beachy Head again!

Mine from RIAT this year..

19262021973_93183088f1_b.jpg

19930286811_c9c74a2862_b.jpg

Hopefully the weather will be fine for flying at Shoreham next weekend.

Martin

• Like 3

scroll down to the vid of it at Beachy Head

http://www.visiteastbourne.com/airbourne/AirbourneVulcan.aspx

Simply stunning, that low level top side pass is the monkeys golden nuts!

Hope it's good conditions today as well.

Martin

There's a few of mine from RIAT for you !!

That third one is fantastic!

Martin

Yeah was there,amazing to look down on her.... was absolutely awesome :thumbsup:

Only made the the one appearance at Airbourne this year which was yesterday.

Saw it from the pier this year, but it was holding over the Head whilst the RN Seaking finished it's thing.

What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon? sitting in the sunshine, supping a few Ciders and watching Vulcans, Spits, Blenheim's, Vampires etc....magic

Shoreham next w/e :yahoo:

Does anyone have some photos from the latest airshows where the XH558 was? Or some video?

Thank you in advance for that.

Regards,

Andrew S.

Youtube has some fantastic footage of '558 at Eastbourne Saturday. Just go on Youtube and type in Vulcan Eastbourne and enjoy.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot all of you for posting photos and links. I have a small hope and chance to see XH558 in Old Sarum so I am really looking foward to see her in the sky on my own.

Kind regards,

Andrew S.

Andrew, We will be looking at the same patch of sky on that Saturday. Just purchased my ticket for a 'Dads day off' treat.

Really looking forward to it, fingers crossed for some good weather :thumbsup:

There is a rumour that something is trying to be planned with Sally B being in the air at the same time. Possibly hearsay, but we can dream!

Best Regards

Steve

• Like 1