Messerschmitts

Cheers fells, nothing done this weekend due to alcohol 'fatigue'

after a wedding Friday. Now I'm away for a couple of days, so things will have

to wait a bit.

They look great Sean, really nice. Good job!
Sorry about the tool collection costs... I think I'm all tooled up now... Until the next 'must have'! :)

I shall send you the bill! The thing is, it usual turns out it's a case of

'Why didn't I get "insert tool" before now, especially the snips, and Tamiya Extra thin, great stuff.

Sean

• Like 1

Well after work getting in the way this week, I've managed to get some modelling done, and managed to finish some

models, and progress on others,

One 109 has been completed with the last bits added to Machold's aircraft, namely the the canopy and the aerial.

I managed to get the aerial off in one piece, and feeling pretty good about it, then when I went to sand off the small

residue of sprue, half a mast disappeared. I only rubbed very gently with Tamiya finishing sand paper, but no joy.

So I've made a an aerial from scrap vac form sheeting.

So one down, one to go. Hopefully I'll get a couple of hours during the week to decal and finish

the other 109,

mes4_zpsxlsxpyok.jpg

Pics in the gallery.

Sean

• Like 8

Thank you all very much, I really like how this has turned out. There's a couple of things

I could have done a bit better, but overall I'm quite satisfied with the result.

No decals added to the other 109 yet, too busy painting the Spits and Hurri, but I did

buy these for displaying it when it's finished.

_12_zpsjturdezw.jpg

and because I've enjoyed these few builds for the GB, I've also bought these,

a50135-front_zpsaaapgfy8.jpg?t=144191520

Cheers Sean

• Like 5

Cheers Bernd.

Well, decals have finally found their way onto the 109. I had a day off on Tuesday, and spent over

three hours getting them on. A newly aquired box set of Glen Campbell lps got me through, came with 7 lps,

I'd listened to five and half records before I was done.

DSCF4751_zpslkyxv3ng.jpg?t=1442597339

My original intention was to use the last of the Almark decals, but one of the crosses folded upon itself, and as I using

the blue cowling pennant for Wick's aircraft, I went with the Airfix decals for the majority of the markings.

The duck(?) motif and kill markings are from a Superscale sheet, with the swastikas and some stencils being the only

decals used form the Almark sheet.

As was the case with the other 109, I manged to get the aerial off in one piece, but managed to break it when trying

to clean off a bit of sprue gate. I'll make another from vac form left overs.

It will be most likely that the next time this is updated, this will be finished, and a start made on the dio.

Sean

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hi Sean. Good to see you managed to get some photos in the Gallery. And it looks fantastic too! Great diorama too! Well done.

Hope you're having a good weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

So I have finally got around to getting some things finished. Work has been rather hectic of late, with long hours and basically being knackered when arriving home.

But, I've been able to squeeze in a bit of modelling here and there to complete this and another three builds,( 2 Spitfires and a Hurricane.)

As I mentioned above , I've used the figures from the Zvezda German Aircrew set and very nice they are too. They seem to be more "fuller figured" than the

Prieser or Airfix offerings.

So here is the finished build,

DSCF4785_zps7aibgqbe.jpg

DSCF4795_zpsab3wcivk.jpg

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks Stix, seems you were typing at the same time as me. Having a relatively quiet weekend for a change, no work for a start.

Sean

Edited by sean
  • Like 6

Very nice Sean - great detail for 1/72 and the diorama is very realistic... even with the topless model!! :)

Cheers Ced, I quite like how it's come out,.............. (even with the topless model!! )....one for the ladies!

Sean