British K-Class Submarine - Mikro-Mir 1/350 scale

Just finished... I rushed it because I'm going to a model show on Sunday.....

350_HMS%20K-Class_08.jpg

This has to be the best submarine kit yet from Mikro-Mir - delicate engraved injection moulding, with etched brass detail parts and a great decal sheet. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

350_HMS%20K-Class_09.jpg

The only thing I changed are the two funnels - I replaced the two-part kit iems with ones I made from plastic tubing.

350_HMS%20K-Class_10.jpg

350_HMS%20K-Class_11.jpg

Note the etched-brass propellers.

350_HMS%20K-Class_12.jpg

350_HMS%20K-Class_13.jpg

I like to add crew figures to lend scale - these are 'converted' :whistle: from a Fujimi Japanese crew set....

Note the decals for the bridge windows and waterline marks and the superbly moulded guns.

The model was built in a hurry - 36 hours start to finish - but it has turned out OK.

Go out and buy millions of them - to encourage Mikro-Mir to make more British Subs.

Ken

• Like 13

It looks like something Captain Nemo would have as a 'holiday home.' Never been keen on windows on subs. Too easy to see those eyes on the giant squid when it gets too close.

I must admit, I do like it. And yes, more British subs please!

• 3 weeks later...

Please buy them by the MILLIONS - it will encourage Mikro Mir to consider making more British subs.

All they need are decent drawings and a ready market.......

Ken

I'm going to eDay in Prague - I'm hoping they will be on sale there at a good price...I've got room in my case! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm waitinng to get a couple more (for conversions) - but distribution seems a bit hit and miss.

There are a some ebay sellers with a few - but the big guys (Hannants etc) don't have them yet.

I could get them from ebay (thanks Chris for the link) - but I thought I'd wait for Hannants to get them in - 'cos I have other stuff to order from them.

But.... I'm begining to despair ...........

What's the hold up Sergei ???

Ken

PS - Same with Mikro-Mir's USS Lafayette - where is it ??

• 2 weeks later...