Amodel 1/72nd Gates Learjet 55C

Radleigh

What? Are you kidding here? I just bought that Mach 2 Learjet in hopes of there soon being aftermarket decals of a civilian livery.

And now you're saying that Amodel is coming out with their rendering of a Learjet? And not only will it be civilian right from the start but it also will NOT be a Mach 2 kit's "quality?"

/sigh...

What? Are you kidding here? I just bought that Mach 2 Learjet in hopes of there soon being aftermarket decals of a civilian livery.

And now you're saying that Amodel is coming out with their rendering of a Learjet? And not only will it be civilian right from the start but it also will NOT be a Mach 2 kit's "quality?"

/sigh...

We all thank you so much for your kindness in purchasing the Mach 2 kit, as it guaranteed this kit would come :clap2:

• Like 2

Only real problem with Amodel is the quality of the clear parts. I've had some, like the Mil Mi1, that had grit in the plastic! They have improved a lot but they're not quite there yet though they are better than Mach 2.

Paul Harrison

I found the same problem on their Starship kit - the clear windows were ill-fitting and did not follow the curvature of the fuselage.

I fitted them - then filled them in and made my own black window decals......

Starship_29.jpg

It would be better if they could mould the fuselage halves in clear plastic and then provide window masks.

Bottom line is they are the best kits of the respective subjects in the scale - you can either buy and build them as supplied - or sit around and wait for Tamiya to make those subjects........ I know what I'll be doing.

Ken

• Like 2

I started a An-30 and found the cabin windows to be very ill fitting, so I'm going down another route with them... that is the only let down in my eyes, as Ken says, they're great when built, they just need a bit of extra time and thought.

Bombardier CRJ by BPK

Bombardier Learjet 55 by Amodel

... now i hope for the

Bombardier Challenger 601

I have done some investigation and if you are not worried out chopping up a CRJ100 then you can make a Challenger out of it.

We all thank you so much for your kindness in purchasing the Mach 2 kit, as it guaranteed this kit would come :clap2:

I grabbed a Mach 2 kit, It will do for my purpose. A bit of clean up and it will make into a very nice model.

Why? If Amodel were to release these two and they did a good job of it, would you not buy it?

Why, because IMHO Airfix would do a better job and be accurate using LIDAR technology that they are using now on most of their kits, and probably be cheaper

I also have loads of Amodel kits, although there is nothing wrong with some of their kits they can be frustrating to build, but this is only my opinion

Well, thanks.

That and $3.50 might even get me a cup of coffee at a Starbucks...

:winkgrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...