extra weaponry for a CF-18?

erewhon1872

Yes the luggage carriers were old napalm:

http://cord.gichd.org/img/images/B0939U11.jpg

i think there may be some after market ones available.

Jari

again thank you for the very detailed information Jari, need to track down a resin BLU-27 canister now :)

Took a photo for you last weekend. Sorry about the delay.

10k%20-%202_zpsijub8fgj.jpg

10k%20-%201_zpsgctey6uj.jpg

Is Canada going to adopt the AIM-9X or just stick with the earlier variants?

Its been on the books for awhile to occur, I thought they had let the contract earlier this year, but my memory is failing me.

Took a photo for you last weekend. Sorry about the delay.

10k%20-%202_zpsijub8fgj.jpg

10k%20-%201_zpsgctey6uj.jpg

Its been on the books for awhile to occur, I thought they had let the contract earlier this year, but my memory is failing me.

thanks for all the pictures and information, it looks that if I am making the CF-18 in an anniversary scheme the only realistic store is the 'luggage carrier' on a centreline pylon. I just need to source a 1/48 napalm canister now but hopefully I'd not have to get a huge set but get an individual canister?

If you can't find an aftermarket one then you can use the one that comes in the Hasegawa Weapon Set A, if you have it. Just cut off the nose off of one of them, cut off the tail of the other, join them together then scrib in some details and add a strip on the bottom.

Jari

If you can't find an aftermarket one then you can use the one that comes in the Hasegawa Weapon Set A, if you have it. Just cut off the nose off of one of them, cut off the tail of the other, join them together then scrib in some details and add a strip on the bottom.

Jari

don't have the set I'm afraid, there are aftermarket items out there like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMS-Resin-1-48-MXU-Travel-Pod-BLU-27-Style-Purpose-Built-Modern-/301693811834

but pretty costly, may have to bite the bullet and order one though