Revell 1/32 Tigermoth - glider training school aircraft - Now Finished

Hi all

Not much modelling time this week what with work, family etc. I have done a bit more in the cockpit. I have modified the front seat again to add the raised front section and extend it down either side of the centre section and also added the rudder pedal bar. Please forgive the poor quality photos.

DSCF8414_zpsin5o2ys9.jpg

DSCF8416_zpstvquvobc.jpg

DSCF8422_zpsfaimihel.jpg

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris

Accurate detailed modelling Chris, very commendable work indeed! We're a funny lot us modeller's aren't we? We slave away struggling for every detail to perfection even though in many instances we know it won't/can't be seen in the final model (like your rudder bar at least) yet our inner demons make us add the bits! :)

Keep up the good work.

Max

Cheers Guys, Yes I must admit I do sometimes go over the top, however this time I have decided to add what I have done and the belts and call the cockpit done so I can then button u the fuselage and get going on the build.

I have managed to get the belts done had to use belts from two Eduard PE sets but has turned out okay I suppose, I have added the wire that they mount to. I apologise in advance but the belts that attach to the rear above the seats only have five holes in each instead of six!

DSCF8433_zpserrmd7uj.jpg

DSCF8431_zpsfq1ydkjl.jpg

Will hopefully paint up tomorrow then wash and close up the fuselage soon

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris

• Like 2

Well I have to say I'm very disappointed Chris. There I am in one breath talking about our inner demons that make us strive for perfection and then you go and fit Sutton straps with only five holes! I mean, where are your standards man! :) :).

Seriously, they look like the bees knees....yes I can even see the securing wire running "athwartships" holding them in place! Superb work my friend. (another little detail for you to add OCD Paul! :) )

Max

Cheers Guys, hoping to get the fuselage zipped up this weekend, although I do have to go and do some 1:1 VW modelling (Painting) as I have a show to attend shortly and have done something different to the car. Got to finish more of that this weekend too as show is next weekend.

All the best

Chris ​

Wonderful work Chris, she's a beauty, those cockpits are real works of art.

I notice the head "cushions" near at hand in your last photo - I've found them little devils to fit because they're not a very good fit at all (so do lots of dry fitting), and because of the awkward angle when offering them up with the risk of them dropping into some inaccessible place in the cockpit and getting jammed there. I used a piece of sprue dipped in "liquid tape" which dries tacky and is good for holding small pieces on a temporary basis. Good luck!

Max

Cheers guys, and thanks for the heads up re the padding Max, I am thinking I should have left off the front firewall now !!! I will stick them on a cocktail stick to glue in place and then it comes off quite cleanly when snapped off.

Thanks again

All the best

Chris

Hi all

Had a great day at the Grill and Chill VW show today. Have done a small amount of work, spent quite a lot of time doing the fuselage strakes, as it comes the kit part is all wrong as the strakes are proud of the fuselage on top but the kit part is lower than the top of fuselage, so have been re working. Got this far and found that all my filler had gone off. So can't go any further at the mo. New filler en route.

DSCF8591_zps7nabck24.jpg

In the meantime I have been making a simple jig to assist with the Lower wing dihedral, just knocked up out of card. Will now be able to adjust the little fillets that the wings go onto to (fingers crossed) get the right angle. I will make some passes with a modelling knife on the underside next to the fuselage and then glue some thin plasticard in to strengthen them back up.

DSCF8592_zpsieszgdhq.jpg

Thanks for looking

All the best
Chris​

• Like 2

The jig's a neat idea Chris, well thought out so I hope it works to plan. I can see the reason why you've fitted the strakes but they really are ugly things aren't they......completely spoil the Tiger's delicate lines.

Max