Revell 1/32 Tigermoth - glider training school aircraft - Now Finished

Thanks Guys

I am attempting to replicate the front seat and have built the mount/bulkhead it sits in and am experimenting making the seat also. I have asked for some piccies of where it meets the rear bulkhead in the front cockpit and if anyone is able to help that would be brilliant.

qpqg6o.jpg

2a6vas3.jpg

All the best

Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge
  • Like 1

Chris, if you look on the Reference thread series of pics that I've posted, scroll to the one of the anti-spin strakes then look at the one after it (Kevin's least restored Moth), that's the front seat area you're looking for. I'll check my other pics tomorrow morning for better ones.

Max

Cheers Max

I saw that one and have been using as reference, but was wondering if anyone had one that showed what it was like finished and also the recess for the seat belt anchorage points.

Thanks

Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge

Yes thanks Max, I have made the Seat and the mount it is drying at the moment so I have come down again. It is a bit of a compromise and I think I may have to compromise on the bulkhead too unless it is the fuselage that needs to be trimmed. Will have to do some fettling anyway. The front seat looks as though it covers the foot pedals for the rear so might leave those out, not sure yet.

All the best

Chris

Hi all

Finally able to post some images

I have been doing some more work, first up is the front seat scratch built from plasticard, needs finishing off.

DSCF8268_zpskymrmrcw.jpg​

Also been re doing the compass mounts on the instrument panels and turned a couple of compasses from srue. And worked o the rear bulkheads.

DSCF8270_zpstk5gplza.jpg

​

DSCF8273_zps3qovlodc.jpg​

DSCF8272_zpsxtqrunbl.jpg​

Added a couple of levers, ignore the part of the linkage attached to rear lever as I removed this

DSCF8275_zpsgskjnp3k.jpg

Fitted seats and connecting rods between levers, I have made two slots for the rods to run though the front seat mount.

DSCF8276_zpsxtofh9cv.jpg​

DSCF8278_zpsgj5tpczs.jpg​

A lick of paint on the Instrument panels

DSCF8279_zpswxg6fjoy.jpg​

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris​

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for your Kind comments, got the photos on viaPhotobucket in the end, however it seems to have started since I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 where I had no issues before. It still is a bit hit and miss with my text disappearing sometimes when I hit the add reply button. when posting this reply it disappeared and stated I must enter a Post !!!

Thanks again guys

All the best
Chris​

​

Hi all

Further work on the Instrument panels, used combination of kit decals and Airscale Decals. Had to cut a lot of film away from the Kit Decals. Both types settled very well with Microsol.

Added some old Reheat Bezels, the carpet monster got a few so an alternative for one of the larger gauges and home made ones for the smallest gauges, made from a strand of copper wire.

DSCF8320_zpsfbhxiyal.jpg​

Gloss varnish added to simulate the lenses and matt varnish for the rest of the IP, still drying in this image.

DSCF8339_zpsaovrloh1.jpg​

DSCF8341_zpsumgc98oi.jpg​

Just got to paint the grey on the compasses and they will then be added.

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris​

Thanks Max. I must admit it was a bit challenging, especially when the carpet monster ate three of the Bezels I needed and had none left, though using the strand of wire turned out okay. I can't wait to get the compasses mounted tonight!!!

All the best

Chris​

Hi all

Been doing a bit more, I have been adding to the front seat to make it look a bit more correct, seat is currently drying, once dry will be able to file down to look more prototypical hopefully

DSCF8345_zpsxjyntmld.jpg​

Also have added the compasses to the instrument panels, they are okay I suppose, although they stick out a bit far, they were the smallest compass decals I could find in my collection so will have to do.

DSCF8346_zpsgf8215hb.jpg

​

Thank you for looking

All the best

Chris

Absolutely nothing wrong with those compasses Chris, they look spot-on and, like your front seat, are a great improvement on the original Revell offering. Well done. :) :)

Max