1/48 Airfix new tool Hurricane Mk.I P3039 from No.229 Squadron - Completed on 31-10 at 11.50 pm

Superb Hurricane Peter, the detail you've added has brought this to life in a big way. Hopefully

it won't be 33 years before your next build!

Sean

Thank you Sean. And I can guarantee you that I will make the next kit in sooner - I had too much fun making these two models.

Extra work well rewarded. Finished great !!

Thank you Mike. It was a lot of work and it was a great experience doing it.

A beautiful looking build, with stunning attention to detail.

Karl

Thank you Karl. Your two Blenhmeim's are stunning too.

During the building of the Hurricane, I enjoyed reading these two books.

Book-2b.jpg

I found the Haynes Manuals a great source for making models and containing a nice mix of information.

As we had a public holiday in Melbourne today, I took more and better pictures. I placed them in Ready for Inspection

Oh, I nearly forgot. Does anybody knows the following - Troy maybe:

1. What was the colour of the part behind the front canopy above the instrument panel? I painted it interior green, but I think it should be black. Well, I just came across this picture and here it is green. I think it is the Finnish aicraft.

Hurri_22.jpg

2. Should this Hurricane still have the little post on the top of the engine which was used with the old gun sight? I assume they hadn't been removed when the new gun sight was fitted.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk
  • Like 1

Oh, I nearly forgot. Does anybody knows the following - Troy maybe:

1. What was the colour of the part behind the front canopy above the instrument panel? I painted it interior green, but I think it should be black. Well, I just came across this picture and here it is green. I think it is the Finnish aicraft.

Hurri_22.jpg

2. Should this Hurricane still have the little post on the top of the engine which was used with the old gun sight? I assume they hadn't been removed when the new gun sight was fitted.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter

I think this might be the RAF Hendon plane, note shape of prop blade tip, what looks like a blitz photo in the back ground and I can't see any aluminum paint in the cockpit....if you dig out the booklet that came with the Italeri mk I there are pics in there wher you can see it's been crudely repainted inside green, including the canvas map pocket :(

this is the Finnish plane, the bit of fuselage under the windscreen is dark green, though this looks the same as the Finnish colour.

311834.jpg

from http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/311834/hc-452-finland-air-force-hawker-hurricane-i/

I would presume it would be the same as the exterior colour. Good question, another to add to 'the list'

The pole for the ring and bead sight, I'd refer to photos.

eg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64364-hurricane-noses-and-the-hasegawa-172-kits/page-2

the IID in the link still has the pole, as do the Mk I's and early IIA

I search for the rollout photos of PZ865 has not turned any up. Away from my books, again, a good question.

Hi Peter

I think this might be the RAF Hendon plane, note shape of prop blade tip, what looks like a blitz photo in the back ground and I can't see any aluminum paint in the cockpit....if you dig out the booklet that came with the Italeri mk I there are pics in there wher you can see it's been crudely repainted inside green, including the canvas map pocket :(

this is the Finnish plane, the bit of fuselage under the windscreen is dark green, though this looks the same as the Finnish colour.

from http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/311834/hc-452-finland-air-force-hawker-hurricane-i/

I would presume it would be the same as the exterior colour. Good question, another to add to 'the list'

The pole for the ring and bead sight, I'd refer to photos.

eg

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64364-hurricane-noses-and-the-hasegawa-172-kits/page-2

the IID in the link still has the pole, as do the Mk I's and early IIA

I search for the rollout photos of PZ865 has not turned any up. Away from my books, again, a good question.

Thank you Troy for your reply. I think using the exterior colour is a good choice. Some b/w pictures I have seen do look darker than interior green, but not black either.

So the pole should be in place. I will add it when I change the wheels. I also like to ad some brake wires like I done on the Spitfire. Unfortunately I run out of time and couldn't do it before closure of the GB.

A great build from start to finish, love the extra work and attention to detail, fantastic.

Craig.

Thank you Craig. At least I know it is there - most people won't noticing it. But it was fun putting it there!

Cheers, Peter

• Like 4