That's a very sharply done Big Black Thing. Much appreciate your work, Sir!

:goodjob:

Hello,AngstROM - Many thanks for your kind reply.Much appreciated and respected.All the best,Paul.

Awesome beast,superb build and finish!

Hello,Friends - My thanks and appreciation to you all for your kind replies,etc.The biggest problem I recall with this build was keeping the surfaces absolutely clean once the black base colour had been applied(Humbrol Satin Black).This is one of four Academy kits that I've built and although they might not be the most accurate in detail compared with some,I've nevertheless found them quite enjoyable to build.'HABU' was the first larger size model that I painted with an airbrush,I'd only done a couple of small types before then.Still learning - and a lot to learn!All the best,Paul.

Great build of what is a truly remarkable feat of engineering.

Really nice finish, great work with decals.

No toasted cheese sandwiches after painting then.

Hello,Wayne O - Oooh! Now you're talking!! Could just eat one of them!! Thank you so much for your kind reply,much appreciated.All the best from across the miles,Paul.

Very nice Blackbird Paul, looks great and nice details

Hello,Russ C - Thank you very much for your kind reply.The SR-71 is a type I've always had a soft spot for.Hopefully a visit to Duxford at some point will enable me to come face-to-face with her for the very first time.All the best,Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build mate, looks very impressive there, cloaked in darken shades.

I like it .

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

h

Hello,Simon - Thank you for your kind reply.The main paint I used was Humbrol 85 Satin Black.Two coats of Klear was brush painted on in readiness for the decals.A further two coats of Klear was then applied the same way to seal everything over.A top coat of Xtracolor Matt Enamel Varnish was airbrushed over the whole model.All the best,Paul.

That looks awesome! I think you nailed the 'scale black' colour. Tempting me to build one now :) How is the academy kit?

Cheers,

David.

Hello,David - Thank you very much for your kind reply.I found the Academy Kit an enjoyable build.Like many kits,there is a debate over the shape accuracy,I think concerning the nose area primarily.My limited knowledge of the real thing precludes me from passing comment on that but in my humble opinion,I can't see any major fault and when built,it looks like a BlackbirdGive one a go! All the best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hi Paul,

That's a superb build! I'm really impressed by the smoothness and depth of the black finish. I've seen it in one of your other models and it doesn't cease to impress :goodjob:

Your build made me want to build one myself. I must start looking for this kit!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

That's a superb build! I'm really impressed by the smoothness and depth of the black finish. I've seen it in one of your other models and it doesn't cease to impress :goodjob:

Your build made me want to build one myself. I must start looking for this kit!

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you ever so much,Jaime.You'll make Kelly Johnson proud !!All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1