• 1 year later...

All done! More photos in RFI just as soon as my camera battery is charged up! It was going to be a different colour, but I had some issues with paint reactions and I stripped and repainted in black with a pearl topcoat. Still had a mild paint reaction, but not too noticeable and I'm not really keen on stripping it a second time...

34828750050_8f7567ce45_b.jpg

Untitled by Caution Wake Turbulence, on Flickr

Glad to have finally finished this one. Hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Andrew

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Great work! I am new to motorcycles and only dream of the result like this. Chapeau!

BTW, can anyone advise me how to paint these red BREMBO letters on brake calipers? I ran out of ideas (((

K.

17 hours ago, Kibar said:

Great work! I am new to motorcycles and only dream of the result like this. Chapeau!

BTW, can anyone advise me how to paint these red BREMBO letters on brake calipers? I ran out of ideas (((

K.

Dont mean to hijack the thread but the way that works for me is spraying the calipers with the colour (usually ts88) and then leaving them to properly dry for a few days. Once you've done that, get a bit of red paint on a thin brush, dip it slightly in thinner and then just touch where the letters are. The paint should be thin enough to just fill the indent. Let it dry and use a cotton tip and thinner to remove any mess. 

Let me know how you go 😁

• Thanks 1

Was it really four years ago we started this Buddy Build. If mempry serves me it was Steve who sowed the seed, then dissapered!!!

I got the box out this last weekend and took it to the model club meeting. I may just have to get back to it!

Colin